What have you done to your Jeep today?

• It was fun wheeling with you until that thing broke!

Definitely. I'm looking forward to next time.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• i run that second style brace on the dodge 2500. They hold up well on the full size trucks because the extra pillow block supports the steering box at the pitman. This prevents the twisting forces.

• That is some rough carnage John... I would say for sure get some "frame" stiffners to put in up front.. but as far as the sending brace option you showed... take a look at IronMan4x4Fab, Andy builds some pure beef stuff.. and I've been waiting for him to come out with this brace for my XJ... but am waiting a little bit longer for him to finish up with the version for the Durango box upgrade...

As far as what I've done with my Jeep lately, I've just been trying to enjoy it as much as I possibly can. Got my new gears 4.56's w/ master install kits, Solid diff covers, lub locker gaskets sitting in the garage waiting until I can get them to someone for install, then I'll be able to enjoy her even more. Drove her to the gym the other night and right after I got around the corner from my house she stalled out randomly... so I put it in neutral and started right back up but was running a little bit rough and had a CEL (no surprise there)... continued on to the gym, and noticed once I let off the gas to slow down it would stall out, or come really close to it if I didn't catch it first... in my head I was figuring it was probably a TPS, so once I got the gym I hooked up my OBDII reader (yeah that's right I own a Jeep, so have to keep my reader on hand) and had three codes, 1 for O2 sensor (no surprise), 1 for a transmission sensor, and 1 for the TPS. So once I got done with my workout I limped it over to my garage (storage unit) and swapped in a TPS I had on my "spare" engine, and cleared the codes... and had no more issues after that...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• That is some rough carnage John... I would say for sure get some "frame" stiffners to put in up front..

This will be welded on today while we await delivery of other junk:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I went to go for a ride and my jeep would not start. It always starts. It ended up flooded and I decided to give it a little ether to get it going. When I opened the scoop to access the air filter, I found this. I think it was trying to tell me something. That's good vehicle karma.

• I went to go for a ride and my jeep would not start. It always starts. It ended up flooded and I decided to give it a little ether to get it going. When I opened the scoop to access the air filter, I found this. I think it was trying to tell me something. That's good vehicle karma.

Retainer bolt for the air cleaner snap?? Whatever that is, how'd that happen? 8o

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• It was so tight against the hood seam that it had worn a spot down. It would rattle like hell at times when idling. That's the main reason I use the ultra high velocity scoop while wheeling. I guess it couldn't take it. Replaced it with steel if you know what I mean.

• It was so tight against the hood seam that it had worn a spot down. It would rattle like hell at times when idling. That's the main reason I use the ultra high velocity scoop while wheeling. I guess it couldn't take it. Replaced it with steel if you know what I mean.

:D At least you didn't "replace" it with lead! :guns: :thumbup:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• .. but as far as the sending brace option you showed... take a look at IronMan4x4Fab, Andy builds some pure beef stuff.. and I've been waiting for him to come out with this brace for my XJ... but am waiting a little bit longer for him to finish up with the version for the Durango box upgrade...

That looks like a nice piece. But when I compare the two...

This:

... versus this:

This:

... versus this:

The Boostwerks looks like a better piece.

Also, the Boostwerks offers a DIY kit, with all of the pieces pre-cut and pre-bent, ready to assemble and weld:

Because my front-end is already tweaked to an unknown extent, a precision-fit bracket might not fit. With a DIY kit, we can rough-fit it and assemble and weld the pieces so that the unit custom-fits my rig.
    (and I save $100 by buying it DIY rather than bolt-in) :thumbup:

~ JD

• I ordered a fuel injection setup for the old Willys. It didn't like to run on steep hills and I do! I'm not a computer controlled kind of person, but the laws of physics work against carburetors in many situations. This should be fun.

• I got the Howell kit HB225. It's pretty complete. It's basically a 87-91 two-barrel gm unit which they have made into a complete package with fuel pump, ecm, sensors and harness. They burn a chip for the basic parameters. I spoke with Matt Howell personally and he answered all my questions with answers that made sense. The odd-fire motor is a challenge to most systems because of the erratic distributor signal. I have an MSD box which he said gives a useable tach signal.
    Aaron told me I could do it with junkyard parts and I believe him, but I probably need the tech support that Howell is able to provide. It cost me more I'm sure, but there is value in the research that has been done. Matt also said that if I build my next motor a bit more high performance they are willing to create a proper chip for that too.

• Finally decided what I was doing with my jeep ordered a new G2 front axle with an ARB locker . Q TEC said it would take six weeks to assemble and deliver it shipping company called me Tuesday said they could deliver it Thursday or Friday ,only bin four weeks ,woo hoo ! Took delivery of her yesterday but there's one small problem , my Front axle is a back axle . I was quite upset . I called Q TEC I talked to Dan who is very very helpful and really apologetic and said that they would swap the back for the front no problems even swap But it would take another 4 to 6 weeks ,bummer!!!!

• Finally decided what I was doing with my jeep ordered a new G2 front axle with an ARB locker . Q TEC said it would take six weeks to assemble and deliver it shipping company called me Tuesday said they could deliver it Thursday or Friday ,only bin four weeks ,woo hoo ! Took delivery of her yesterday but there's one small problem , my Front axle is a back axle . I was quite upset . I called Q TEC I talked to Dan who is very very helpful and really apologetic and said that they would swap the back for the front no problems even swap But it would take another 4 to 6 weeks ,bummer!!!!

Ask what it would cost to keep that one. Shipping axles can be kinda pricey.

• Already asked, going to display it but not sell it. They are on back order for up to 7 weeks, said it will go to someone who ordered a rear axle. But I called dibs if they discount its

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!