What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Last month we replaced Icky's exhaust manifold and muffler on her TJ as well as rotate the tires and replaced all the fluids. Today I hooked her winch back up on the TJ. I had pulled the cables off the battery last year when trying to eliminate sources of a battery drain and never reconnected it. Turns out today it was needed for some dental work in the front yard.

• Look at the root of that molar! They do come in handy for stuff like that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The knobs on my window cranks fell off. With the on and off again showers and rain storms, rolling the windows up and down w/o the knobs got old quick! So I had a few spent .50 BMG casings and decided to make replacement knobs. Hoping to finish up tomorrow...

• I'm sure my son would appreciate that. But he wouldn't know what a window crank was. Ha ha

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'm sure my son would appreciate that. But he wouldn't know what a window crank was. Ha ha

I'm sure I confused more than a few of the younger crowd on facebook last night as well with that terminology! Window crank?!?

Probably was reported to HLS too by some bleeding heart, safe space anti-gun liberals for posting a picture of ammo and what must certainly be some type of scary firearm (crank). Maybe it wasn't as scary b/c it's shiny and not black... at least they can't get me on a "high capacity" mag as there's only 2 casings in the pic.... =O ::) :/ :S

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• this is still my favorite thread.....installed my WOLO badboy horn yesterday....its only been in a box for 5 years...LOL

up soon....JKS control arm relocation brackets, Front rotors, pads and brake lines. might ream/replace the work bolts in the sway bar too to get rid of the clunk. hopefully ill be able to go through puddles over 35MPH again....its almost time for new tires....

91K miles on the jku....check engine light still comes and goes.....3rd replacement head??? as long as they keep extending the warranty, im good.

• Picked up a 10" woofer for the speaker enclosure I got for Christmas. Now just need to mount the speaker, the amp (will have to build something under the seat I guess), and wire it up. Hopefully I can get to that Monday. Then my music will finally have some bottom.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I did finish the crank knobs the next day but forgot to follow up. I'm pretty happy with the end result for the most part. I'm going to find some black button head bolts and then I'm pretty set on plastidipping the crank arms either black or orange. Because the nylock nut is a bit thicker, it needs to be replaced with a regular nut and some locktite so it doesn't rub the door panel. I included a pic of the hardware in case anyone else wants to do this in the future.

• Bear and I changed my back rotors and brake pads the other day and yesterday he changed my spark plugs... Giuseppe is happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like Giuseppe needs a stache now that he's all grown up! Kinda reminds me of....

• Finally after countless years , I have 4 working gauges, Thanks Aaron for the fuel gauge. Then I bought Auto Meter Phantom Water temp and Oil Press gauges.

Glad to say the 93 4.0l temp has been keeping a super cool 170-185 degrees and Oil pressure 50-85psi.

• I'm not an engine guy by any stretch, but isn't that running it a little on the cool side? I've always heard you want the correct temperature for maintaining oil longevity as well as better fuel economy (yeah, I know it's a Jeep). :shrug:

Probably right, I am thinking the sender may be a little off, also I have not given it a long run yet, might get a bit hotter once that t-stat starts cycling.

** Update, after taking it out for a good romping, temps got to about 195-200 , then settled back to 185-190. Once fully warm, Oil pressure idles at 25-30psi.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited 2 times, last by deadfeat ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!