What have you done to your Jeep today?

• I paid to have it done so it was effortless. For the price its worth just having it done and not hasseling with it yourself. I paid $80 at my favorite place Rhino Linings. It was done the first time they did my alignment and they actually did a good tint job.

Truly not trying to start anything here because I think it looks good, but you do realize that you will just have to remove it to pass inspection right? Based on your info I assume that will be next year. Optometrists are extremely reluctant to give people waivers because the Cops are well aware of that game.

• Truly not trying to start anything here because I think it looks good, but you do realize that you will just have to remove it to pass inspection right? Based on your info I assume that will be next year. Optometrists are extremely reluctant to give people waivers because the Cops are well aware of that game.

Can't you just put the windows down when you do inspection and take the hard top off. In PA the hard top is not an issue and I always took my hard doors off and put the my soft doors on for inspection.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Can't you just put the windows down when you do inspection and take the hard top off. In PA the hard top is not an issue and I always took my hard doors off and put the my soft doors on for inspection.

I was away for the weekend but want to chime in since its about me. The thought crossed my mind and if I have to remove it then so be it but I might try going through with the windows down or I can always borrow someone elses doors for inspection if I dont own soft doors by then. It cost me 80 bucks so I'm honestly not to worried about it if it has to come off in a year.

• Looks nice. Where from?

They're Warrior Products brand (supposedly). Got them off a guy on here for $20. They are made for a steel body, so I had to bore out the holes a little bit and bolt them on instead of riveting. I'm not 100% sure how much good they will do at protecting the fiberglass (from a rock for example), but for the price I figured they're better than nothing.

• Big news. I got it started finally. Thought I had a steering column issue but it ended up being the computer. Thanks Neill!!!
    Since I had the steering column out, I also swapped the 5-speed pedal assembly out for an automotic one before I put the steering column back together. It will be nice to move her around under her own power again.

• He got a 2001 Suburban with the 5.3 in it. It has a hitch on it so I guess he can call it a tow vehicle....I'm such a hater.

2001 Suburban LT, 5.3L 73,000 miles. Black, running boards, moon/sun roof, tan leather interior, seat heaters, auto ride, rear heat/AC, locking rear diff. the seats even have inflatable side bolsters.

So far, i have replaced the factory speakers in the doors (main speakers, not the seperate tweeters), put in weather tech floor mats in the front, and a fresh set of BFG AT 285x75r16 shoes...still on the to do list is tint the front windows to match the rear, flowmaster 40, and buy a boat to put behind it...

i will try to get a pic up soon.

luke, if i remember, my dads old tahoe had more jump on the way back from RC when we both had our jeeps behind (yes, i know you had a trailer and i was flat towing, but stock small block 1500 vs. diesel 3/4 ton...i expected more, even for a ford).

• Wanna chain them together?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!