Jeep 101 at Rausch Creek - April 19th @ 9:00

• We are scheduling a Jeep 101 for the day after the Club Competition at Rausch Creek.
    Depending on the needs of the group, we will go over safety, ride preparation, recovery, and basic trail techniques and then go on a laid back trail ride.

It is going to be a great weekend to support the club team, camp, and tour the park.
    For anyone camping on Saturday night, there will more than likely be a "Beer 499" class going on that you'll probably want to attend. :suspicious:
    Please post up if you can make it so we can get a better idea of how to plan. :driving:

• My plan is to be there Sunday morning. I wish I could have camped with eveyone but we can't make it on Saturday. Anyway I have limited offroad expierenence and VERY little on the rocks. As mentioned at the meeting last night I really don't want to break anything so I'll have to take it easy.

• We apologize for not getting more info out sooner. This event is open to anyone, any Jeep (4 wheel drive with a transfer case) modded or stock, so post up if you are interested. As Billy said we will adapt the program as needed based on the skill level etc. We have enough guides to handle several groups. You should read "Trail Ride Gear" in the FAQ's section of the board and visit http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org for the park rules' regs. and costs. Rausch Creek is a very club friendly park. I will be guiding the lower group and will allow you to get a real good feel for what you and your Jeep are capable of without breakage. See you all on the 19th

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I'll be there and am interested in camping Friday, or Saturday, whenever others are there. Would be very interested in JEEP convoy up.

Zero rock experience, CLUTCH Jeep CJ8 (Scrambler), 4" lift, 35" tires, 4.10 gears, PowerTrac limited slip front and rear. What else would you like to know.

Thanks
    Glen

• Glad to see you post up. Check out the "Trail Ride Gear" section and if you have any more questions just ask.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

• A good point was made at the last meeting that rock crawling is not the only not the only type of offroad riding and that sand, mud, etc.can be just as challenging. Recovery, safety, ride prep, and basic trail techniques are pretty much the same. See you all at RC!

Randy

• Is this supposed to happen on saturday the 18th or sunday the 19th? Im interested and i have little experience but I need to know exactly when this is gonna happen.

• Yup, Sunday April, 19Th. We're using 9:00 as our target start time. We realize that it's a bit of a drive and you should allow time to register at the Rausch Creek Park office. We can't emphasize enough the importance of downloading the RC Waiver form and completing it prior to your arrival. Unless something changes in the next few weeks they do not take credit cards, and the nearest ATM is a few miles away. As the event gets closer and we get a more complete sign up list you may be able to hook up with others for the ride up.

Randy

• Yup, Sunday April, 19Th. We're using 9:00 as our target start time. We realize that it's a bit of a drive and you should allow time to register at the Rausch Creek Park office. We can't emphasize enough the importance of downloading the RC Waiver form and completing it prior to your arrival. Unless something changes in the next few weeks they do not take credit cards, and the nearest ATM is a few miles away. As the event gets closer and we get a more complete sign up list you may be able to hook up with others for the ride up.

Randy

I thought as of around January they were able to take credit cards? Bunch of posts in the RC forums...then again, I was just there a couple weeks ago and forgot to check.

• I thought as of around January they were able to take credit cards?

that is correct. :up: i used my cc on my February run.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• That's excellent, I got a $250.00 gift card that is just achin' to be pi$$ed away on my frequent rider pass. Hey John, maybe Wayne can use you as the retrieval example at Jeep 101, since we know how not to do it :doh:

Randy

• Hey all,

Do you need to be a member to come to the 101, I just got my jeep last week, and am itching to see what its like to go off road, as well as learn how to do it in a relatively safe manner.

• Hey all,

Do you need to be a member to come to the 101, I just got my jeep last week, and am itching to see what its like to go off road, as well as learn how to do it in a relatively safe manner.

Anyone with a Jeep is welcome. Hope to see you there!!! If you have any other questions, post em up. :up:

• This would actually be my very first trip, anybody planning on going down on just the 19th for the 101, maybe we can meet up somewhere and head down,..... errr up together

• Hey John, maybe Wayne can use you as the retrieval example at Jeep 101, since we know how not to do it :doh:

:laughabove:

:idiot: :suspicious:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• As said, it will be on the 19th. I would like to thank Billy and Randy for taking control of this and heading it up. I have been dropping the ball between trips to Germany and trying to finish my axles before the comp. I hope to see many new faces there, along with all of the regulars. If we have enough experienced people there, we can run regular rides as well. Should be one hell of a weekend... Now... Let's hope I can get some tires by then.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• This would actually be my very first trip, anybody planning on going down on just the 19th for the 101, maybe we can meet up somewhere and head down,..... errr up together

There will probably be a caravan thread once it gets a little closer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!