what are the best all terrain tires?

• the BFG A/Ts seem to be the best for wet/dry/snow traction and tread life. There are others, but you start to compromise something. I loved my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos, probably the best for traction due to the soft rubber compound, but treadlife wasnt as good.

The MT/Rs aren't really all terrain tires, they're more mud/offroad tires. If all you need is an all terrain, you'll be paying for capabilities you won't use/need.

What do you need the tires to do you for? Just better wet-road, snow and beach traction? If yes, then a good All Terrain like the BFG A/T will be fine.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• My buddy just bought the Hankook RF10 and I really like it. Granted you don't need the RF10 since it's 10 ply but you can get the same tire in the 8 ply that would cost you less and be just as good. He has about 1000 miles on them so far and LOVES them. He said there very quiet and almost seem to give him a softer ride then the BFG's. They are also siped which will make them good in the snow and wet stuff. I researched them some before he got them and it has very good reviews all over the web. Oh and the best part was they were only $159 each instead of $220 for the BFG's.

Don't get me wrong, I love my BFG's and that's all I ever buy, but with money as tight as it is, I'd likely go with the Hankook the next time I need tires for my truck. :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• bfg a/t FTW

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I have been looking into replacing my current stock tires on my 02 TJ. I also want to put them on M/T chrome rims. I use my Jeep around town and go to the beach a lot to surf fish and hang out with friends. I want to get a tire that is good in sand but that is also good on wet roads. The Cooper tires I have are not great on wet roads and are not as aggressive as I would like for the beach. The other thing I want to do is get a bigger tire. The Coopers are 235's and I was thinking of either a 30 or 31 size. I dont want them too big as my wife and I are older and getting in and out of the Jeep is an issue. It sounds like the BFG's are a good choice and I was looking at the M/T's as well. Do you think I would get any interest in selling the current tires/rims as the tires are in good shape and the rims perfect. Thanks.

• pacopirate has a set of 5 barely used 33x10.50 BF Goodrich AT's for sale mounted balanced and the spare has custom third brake light in center cap for the wheel.

• i have a 2inch budget boost should i go with 31 inch tires or 33inch tires i cant find many 32's

go 33's!

thats me at 2" BB and 33's. it would be a good move, as not many stay at BB for long once you get the "itch" and same tire can be used when you go upgrade a suspension lift, such as 2" BB to a RE 3.5" coil lift.

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I still say, if money is an issue, try the Hankook's

or MT's

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Edited once, last by Wolverine ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!