No Start

• I just put a used engine in my 94 XJ, while hunting down a lean running issue the starter stopped working. I turn the key and nothing. I did notice the O/P and fuel gauge pin high and past full. I get nothing from starter. Pulled starter and had it tested at Pepboys and it is good. Fuse box under hood all good. Please help

Gregg

• I had a friend with an older YJ that had a similar issue after replacing the engine, and after going back to the JY and getting the ECM from the donor YJ of the new engine... it started right up no issues... Just an idea... not saying it is the only fix for your issue... may be something else... but if you have another ECM or know someone with a similar setup that could let you use theirs to give it a try...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• Have ya tried jumping the 2 small terminals on the starter solenoid to see if the starter cranks?

He said he took the started to get it checked out and it was good... that should have checked the starter solenoid in the process shouldn't it??

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• Have you tried starting it in neutrals maybe a bad neutrals safety switch if it's a automatic? Can you give us any more details like does it click when you turn the key ect? Oh and how long was the Jeep running when this problem happened?

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I would start by checking for loose/unhooked ground wires or bad grounds.

Starting with the basics is the best plan. Check for power to the starter solenoid from the ignition switch with key in start position. Then work backwards to check power to the ignition switch. Bad or loose ground is definitly a possibility after a swap. The ECU is not in line with the ignition switch to starter circuit, but it gets a power feed when key is start/run. So even with a bad ECU, you should get a crank but no start situation, but from your post it seems like you have no crank - no start. Do any of the other accessories work? Lights, horn?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!