track bar recommendations - tj

• Getting an increasing death wobble these days, used to just be on braking, but started up when I hit a bump going about 40 today so I figure its time to look into it more. Recently replaced the lcas/bushings and put on a steering stabilizer, between the two fixing some other sloppyness down there, but I guess the next step is front end alignment and then track bar...

So, anyone know a shop in newark that does front end alignments on lifted jeeps? I read that the stock alignment specs aren't the same after lifting and to find someone that is aware of this

Second, recommendations for a front track bar? Jeep has about 3 inches of suspension lift. Adjustable I guess.. JKS seems to be the common solution but I wouldnt' mind spending less if it doesn't make a difference for my application

Thanks,
    Jon

• Unless you have adjustable control arms or cam bolts, all there is to adjust is toe.

It'll be set to the same spec. regardless of lift.

• I have been through 4 different front track bars on my TJ and have to say that you pay for what you get. I am currently running the JKS and it is by far the best front track bar. Not far behind is the RE one.

HTH

-Chris

• any thoughts on JKS vs Teraflex? didn't see an RE option for less than 3.5 inches of lift

• Also the Fire Stone on RT 40 in Elkton now does alot of lifted jeep repairs and so on. Ive had mine there for several small things. The new manager has several jeeps that are lifted and look awsome. Hes got a lot of knowldge. Fire Stone also has a life time aligment offer. I bought it. No mater what you do to the jeep, you bring it back and they do the aligment free of charge. So far Ive been back 3 times after new pitman arm, trac bar and so on. Just my 2 cents

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!