New CJ7 Owner

• I am a new owner of a 1981 CJ7. Original four cylinder. I have been tryong to find specs on this jeep. The gas guage does not work so I am trying to estimate the miles per gallon until I get fixed. Any assistance will be appreciated!

• Conrgats! a new rust wagon for the club!

All Stock, should be about 16-18mpg.. Could be as high as 19-20 if its running real well. Less if running bigger tires. Go with an after marker fuel gauge. The sending unit is pretty simple and will not generally fail.

Tell us more about your rig. Pics?

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Welcome aboard! No advice for the fuel gauge, never had the pleasure of owning a CJ, but it'll probably be later tonight before the dues are processed. After that, you'll have access to the private photo gallery here. If you have problems with it, let me know... I'm the website guy.

Your CJ looks to be in great shape! I kinda like that bumper :) What tops do you have for it, and how bad is the rust?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!