Camping Season

• The season for camping is upon us. I haven't gotten out as much as I would like to in the past few years but hoping to change that this year. Where are some good campgrounds in the Delaware, NJ, PA region that are close enough for weekend trips? I'm looking for places that have trails that I can bring my mountain bike for casual riding. Nice free things to do while camping. I need to get out and try my new Coleman grill that I got for Christmas this year. Places with a bath house would be nice for the misses but I prefer the more wooded, shaded, secluded sites but need to find a happy medium. I live in Newark just to give a base area from there.
    :camping:

• The season for camping is upon us. I haven't gotten out as much as I would like to in the past few years but hoping to change that this year. Where are some good campgrounds in the Delaware, NJ, PA region that are close enough for weekend trips? I'm looking for places that have trails that I can bring my mountain bike for casual riding. Nice free things to do while camping. I need to get out and try my new Coleman grill that I got for Christmas this year. Places with a bath house would be nice for the misses but I prefer the more wooded, shaded, secluded sites but need to find a happy medium. I live in Newark just to give a base area from there.
    :camping:

You should come down to the Surf Fishing tournament Matt. A bunch of us are camping at Cape Henlopen. :beer:

• I think I'm in the Outter Banks that time anyway, maybe next year. I'll hopefully just meet some of you on the beach for my first time this year.

Any good camping in my side of Delaware?

• Sorry Matt. You can't win. :roflmao:

I moved you from off topic into the newly re-worded "Outdoor Activities" forum.

:safeyet

Is the next place my threads get moved automatically is the delete bucket Billy? Geez.... No respect...lol :roflmao:
    I'll just take credit for the renaming of this thread, your welcome guys :beer: now lets go camping

• Elk Neck has some nice camping. Its in MD. In PA, there is a real nice camp ground called Blue Rocks Camp Ground. They have some very nice hiking trails with scenic overlooks (Pulpit and Pinnacle).

• I checked out Blue Rocks site, it seems pretty nice. Thanks!

Anyone know the rules for camping at the state parks in Delaware? Things like campfires, beer, and liquor allowed? I can't find it on there website.

• I checked out Blue Rocks site, it seems pretty nice. Thanks!

Anyone know the rules for camping at the state parks in Delaware? Things like campfires, beer, and liquor allowed? I can't find it on there website.

I would think that if you call the park office they would be able to tell you for sure. Im going to think a fire would not pass though.

• I would think that if you call the park office they would be able to tell you for sure. Im going to think a fire would not pass though.

If I didn't throw it out there now I would forget by tomorrow.. :doh: I think campfires are allowed on designated campsites if there aren't any fire restrictions at the time. I'm more concerned about the beer part anyway... :beer:

• I'd look at PA state parks. I used to go to Blue Rocks because it was under utilized.....not anymore...if you love your time in the woods to the sound of children running and screaming while mom and dad fire up the winnebago at night, then its for you. I'm a minimalist...just need my bivy sack and my one burner stove and I'm set. I tend to do a lot of "unofficial" camping :roflmao:

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

• If I didn't throw it out there now I would forget by tomorrow.. :doh: I think campfires are allowed on designated campsites if there aren't any fire restrictions at the time. I'm more concerned about the beer part anyway... :beer:

They are pretty liberal.

No glass or fires on the beach.

And...

23.0 Alcoholic Beverages and Drugs
    23.1 The sale of alcoholic beverages without a permit from the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control and written permission from the Director is prohibited on lands and waters administered by the Division.
    23.2 No person under the age of twenty‑one (21) years shall possess or consume alcoholic beverages of any type. Any person suspected of being in violation of this subsection, who fails to provide sufficient identification to prove otherwise may, in addition to any other action taken, be evicted without refund of any fee.
    23.3 No person who is of legal age to possess or consume alcoholic beverages shall sell, give or in any way provide alcoholic beverages to a person under the age of twenty‑one (21) years.
    23.4 No person under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any other drug, to the extent of being considered publicly intoxicated, shall enter or remain upon or within lands or waters administered by the Division.
    23.5 The unlawful possession, use or consumption of narcotics, drugs, drug substances or controlled substances and/or drug paraphernalia as listed and defined in Title 16, Delaware Code is expressly prohibited upon lands or waters or within facilities administered by the Division.
    23.6 Unless authorized by the Director the possession, consumption, or public display of alcoholic beverages or intoxicating liquors within or upon the following areas is prohibited:
    23.6.1 Brandywine Creek State Park ‑‑ Prohibited in all areas.
    23.6.2 Fort Delaware State Park ‑‑ Prohibited in all areas.
    23.6.3 Wilmington State Parks-Prohibited in all areas.
    24.6.4 Fox Point State Park-Prohibited in all areas.
    23.6.5 Specific Areas Within all State Parks ‑‑ All nature trails, nature preserves, youth camps public restrooms, bath houses, parking facilities, roadways, designated swimming areas, pools, surfboarding beach areas or other areas designated by the Director.
    23.7 No person shall operate or be in actual physical control of any motorized vehicle, vessel, bicycle or other means of conveyance while under the influence of alcohol or any drug.
    23.7.1 Possession and/or use of any alcoholic beverage and/or drugs while aboard Division rental vessels shall be prohibited.
    23.8 The bringing in of draft beer in kegs or by a vehicle equipped to dispense draft beer shall not be permitted upon lands administered by the Division without prior written permission from the Director.

• I'd look at PA state parks. I used to go to Blue Rocks because it was under utilized.....not anymore...if you love your time in the woods to the sound of children running and screaming while mom and dad fire up the winnebago at night, then its for you. I'm a minimalist...just need my bivy sack and my one burner stove and I'm set. I tend to do a lot of "unofficial" camping :roflmao:

I'd perfer a secluded campsite but they are hard to find within a 2 hour driving radius. Ever so often me and some friends go camping in whorton state forest off of 206 in NJ. But my wife and her friends that like to camp rather have a bath house with flushing toliets nearby. Another fun trip I do is up in the pocono's, we rent canoes for the weekend and paddle down river. There are camping points marked along the route and its alwaos fun because you can only bring what you can fit in the canoe. Unless your like my friend that rents a 2nd canoe to fit all his extra stuff and tows it the whole way. :laughing:

• 23.2 No person under the age of twenty‑one (21) years shall possess or consume alcoholic beverages of any type. Any person suspected of being in violation of this subsection, who fails to provide sufficient identification to prove otherwise may, in addition to any other action taken, be evicted without refund of any fee.
    23.3 No person who is of legal age to possess or consume alcoholic beverages shall sell, give or in any way provide alcoholic beverages to a person under the age of twenty‑one (21) years.

23.5 The unlawful possession, use or consumption of narcotics, drugs, drug substances or controlled substances and/or drug paraphernalia as listed and defined in Title 16, Delaware Code is expressly prohibited upon lands or waters or within facilities administered by the Division.

Why do they have to make this a rule? This is illegal EVERYWHERE. To specify not to do it in DE State Parks is stupid. :shrug:

Might as well add:
    23.9 Armed robbery is not permitted in DE State Parks.

23.8 The bringing in of draft beer in kegs or by a vehicle equipped to dispense draft beer shall not be permitted upon lands administered by the Division without prior written permission from the Director.

Guess my future beach trailer with a beer tap is out now. :(

• Why do they have to make this a rule? This is illegal EVERYWHERE. To specify not to do it in DE State Parks is stupid. :shrug:

Might as well add:
    23.9 Armed robbery is not permitted in DE State Parks.

Guess my future beach trailer with a beer tap is out now. :(

I was thinking the samething when I read that.

No, Now you need to tie it into the trailer discretly... Make the tap through a side mounted jack or something. :beer:

• Unfortunately, for me, secluded camping means traveling the 3+ hours to WV near the end of the season (November) to avoid the chuckle heads and their offspring. I usually have the campground to myself, as well as the nice unlimited hot shower after a day of hiking... :up: Last time it was snowing when I was setting up camp. Awesome. Lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!