New Cabelas in Delaware

• Only a few miles from my house. I think I just wet myself!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yeah, My brother just called and told me. He must have seen it today too!

That would be sweet!!!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• just heard on channel 6 news that cabelas is going to start construction on a new location right next to the christiana mall. Ground breaking in winter of 2013 opening in 2014........It's about time ! :laughing:

• Welcome to Delaware Cabela's! Home of Tax Free shopping and idiot traffic planners! Now we know the REAL reason for the "fix" on the 1-95 interchange!

• Welcome to Delaware Cabela's! Home of Tax Free shopping and idiot traffic planners! Now we know the REAL reason for the "fix" on the 1-95 interchange!

Well, since it seems like they have been working on that interchange in some form or another since I moved down here in 2000, I would say unrelated. Lol

• Well, since it seems like they have been working on that interchange in some form or another since I moved down here in 2000, I would say unrelated. Lol

:laughabove: Delaware is the SLOWEST state at road repairs.

So is it going to be a flagship store like the one up in Hamburg, PA?

• So is it going to be a flagship store like the one up in Hamburg, PA?

I think they're all the same size, I've only seen 3 but they've all been the same size: gigantic.

The 95/1 roadwork is to alleviate the rush hour backup that happens every day and the massive backup every Friday afternoon in the summer. You know, from all the cars with PA plates. :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• 110,000 sq ft

oh that's tiny... the Hamburg store is 250,000. Most (non-super) Walmarts are around 100,000, for a size comparison.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I'm going to need a second job.

I've decided my 2nd job will be @ Cabelas! Should work out perfectly... store discount (hopefully) and I can just turn my paycheck back over to my manager every week to make up for all the stuff I'll be buying! ;D

I read it in the NJ today. I was seriously online at the Cabelas website seeing if I could put in an app today!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I think they're all the same size, I've only seen 3 but they've all been the same size: gigantic.

The 95/1 roadwork is to alleviate the rush hour backup that happens every day and the massive backup every Friday afternoon in the summer. You know, from all the cars with PA plates. :innocent:

The PA store is one of (if not) the largest according to THIS. Still most of that is "show" space like aquariums and taxidermy showcases whereas this DE store will likely be mostly retail....so they will probably be not that far off in total retail space. This is just a guess obviously. And DE is tax free which is nicer so all of us PA peeps can test out your new roads (if they ever get done). :mrgreen:

• I've decided my 2nd job will be @ Cabelas! Should work out perfectly... store discount (hopefully) and I can just turn my paycheck back over to my manager every week to make up for all the stuff I'll be buying! ;D

I read it in the NJ today. I was seriously online at the Cabelas website seeing if I could put in an app today!

i just spent $360 at cabelas today...more to come

• merged two threads...

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!