No-Start Issue

• I don't remember if it is the top or bottom bolt, but on my YJ one of them is metric and the other isn't. Just a thought.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I would grab a heli-coil kit for your particular size needs. It will have the proper tap in it so you'd be good to go in no time.

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• damn man its still not running!!!

It's running but not quite at the caliber that I'm ready to make it my DD yet.

Are you able to drill out the hole and put in a bolt and nut?

Not this bolt. It feeds in directly behind the solenoid.

I would grab a heli-coil kit for your particular size needs. It will have the proper tap in it so you'd be good to go in no time.

I'm glad there's such a thing as google!! Rofl

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Well... Monday I picked up a new starter and installed it. She fired right up. No grinding or jamming on the flywheel. Trying to chase down a few small issues and I'll be back on the roads (and hopefully off of a few :innocent: ). When I start her up, my fuel gauge is spiking to full and I'm pretty sure the tank isn't. I let her idle for about 2 hrs and didn't see the gauge drop at all. Also my tailights aren't working, gotta adjust the high-beam switch... The idiot lights are acting screwy.... when I turn on flashers the left signal light and the high-beam light flash... right signal light doesn't flash... :bang: :doh: :bang: I only have to work half a day tomorrow so I'll see what I can find out and get squared away.

• you had all those connectors under the dash disconnected, check to make sure u don't have 2 similar connectors mixed up

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• Well it appears that one should know what one is disassembling before one takes it apart... The harness I took out that I thought was just for the trailer pigtail and rear defrost in the hardtop apparently contains the wiring for the tailights as well. :doh: reinstalled it and good to go. My idiot lights are still screwy but at least the outside lights are working right. I'll snag some relays and a new switch n dimmer when the stores open back up 2moro and see if that helps.

• Well after what seems like ages, I finally took her out for a shake down run. Gotta say I really missed driving my baby! Got all of the lights working correctly again. Turned out to be just a loose connection. I disconnected the AC panel from under the dash and it looks much cleaner. Thank you all sooooooo much for all of the help and patience.

• Dumb quick question... Is the black wire coming off of the 3wire distributor harness a ground? Can't find it tosavr mylife...

You can be pretty sure it is. You can measure the voltage first, chances are it will be zero or near zero.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!