Noob from Northeast, MD

• Back into the Jeep thing after being overseas, deployed as a civilian supporting the troops, for three years. It's nice to be back in the states surrounded by green and men without dresses. Sold my '98 TJ prior to the deployment and picked up the '12 Gecko JK on my return. I've been modding it like crazy. I need to get it off-road soon before it's considered a mall-crawler, but, with playing catch-up with the family, a new job, and lots of errands, time has been a commodity. I wish we had a local spot to wheel...

Looking forward to the Jeeps for Joy event.

• Welcome! We're actually going up to Rausch Creek this saturday, the 24th, if you're up to it.

If not, see you at the JFJ event!

• Oh, it exists. As for this Saturday, family obligations are keeping me at the homestead. We're hosting the extended family for a dinner, and my wife would not be too thrilled if I left her with the preparations while I go and get dirty. I fully intend to keep my manhood intact when I go to sleep.

The picture will have to wait until I create an account on one of the pic sites. I can't access them from the base network. It'll have to wait until the evening...

• Thanks Spedly. Thought I recognized the moniker. I don't know whether to feel creeped out or just go with it. :mrgreen:

I'll just go with it.

• Thanks Spedly... I don't know whether to feel creeped out or just go with it. :mrgreen:

You should feel creeped out.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Welcome, nice jeep. Now get it on the the trail. Because Im one to talk :doh:

Andy

Already checking out a Trails Rd run. Waiting on my TU decal since the landowner made that a part of the 'usage deal'. It's only a 45 minute ride from my place.

• what's TU?

'Trout Unlimited'. It's a group that is similar to Tread Lightly but mainly deals with the preservation and conservation of waterways. Trails Rd falls under the 'Muddy Creek' chapter (575). Muddy Creek flows through the piece of property. The landowner apparently is a member and does maintain the area by planting trees, etc. If he sees someone on Trails Rd, he will most definitely introduce himself. If you don't have the decal, you will be ejected from the property. It is a road, but it does not fall under PA jurisdiction. It is up to the landowners to maintain the site therefore he has every right to have you removed. Only in recent years has he started to push it, since the 2 mile stretch has seen a lot of abuse by people. Luckily, a couple of Jeep owners hashed out a deal with the majority landowner to continue using it. All others have been basically thrown out. Mike Gardner of Adams Jeep in Aberdeen was one of the Jeep owners who brokered the deal. So, if you're not with the group of guys who made the deal, you need to at least have the TU decal on your Jeep to show you understand the rules. Rules being: avoid the waterway as much as possible and only cross where you have no choice, keep the garbage to yourself and stay on the 'road'. There are a couple homes that back to it, so respect should be given.

I gathered this from the various forums. I haven't been there yet, but wanted to research it a bit before driving out. Glad I did. I know Mike from Adams, so I'll probably see if he's going out there anytime soon. If not, at least I'm prepared. You can reach out to Mike and he will give you a clearer explanation.

A little more than you asked, but you get the idea.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!