Technology Never Stops, and Sometimes It's Hard To Keep Up...

• I just got a GoPro Hero3 a couple days ago and ordered a 64GB Class 10 card with it.

The card seemed to behave fine in the camera, but I couldn't access it from my desktop.

Turns out the 64GB cards come formatted to exFAT.

XP requires update KB955704 to be able to handle exFAT drives.

It was a simple fix, but took a little searching to find the answer.

Anyway, thought it might help someone else out down the road.

Now, to have some fun with the GoPro.

• Black silver or white edition?

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Word. How is it? I have deciding whether to upgrade or not. I love mine.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Word. How is it? I have deciding whether to upgrade or not. I love mine.

My first one so nothing to compare it to.

Played with it inside a little and it takes awesome video with an incredible FOV.

I read all the reviews when deciding what model to get.

Many felt the wifi remote included with the black model was unneeded because there are Android and Apple apps available.

I disagree. The GoPro remote is waterproof to about 10' and has a locking tether device built in.

Depending on the use, I think I'd feel better using the remote rather than my phone or iPad.

• I bought a waterproof case that mounts to my dash bar so i can run the app on my phone with my hero silver. Mine was a gift so didnt get to choose which one i got. I do need to get a 64 gb card though.

• When I went up to shoot the sunset yesterday I took the GoPro along.

I don't have a tripod mount yet, so just sat it on the hood on the storage mount.

The Hero can do time lapse also, so I tried it out.

I shot for 15 minutes every 10 secs.

Came out to be 88 frames.

Then stitched them all together for a 44 second video.

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

Not terribly dramatic, but a good example.

• I found the around 15 fps is a good playback for time lapse.

• For simple time lapse, I use GoPro Cineform Studio. It's free on their website. I'm upgrading to Final Cut Pro soon. I got tons of footage and no good software to make videos.

• It's gotten better with updates. Hopefully more updates come to it soon. They say eventually it will be a full blown video editor. I just use it to adjust color and such before I add it the video editor.

Have you shot anything in 4k mode? Not that it would make a difference playing it back on a computer screen.

• It's gotten better with updates. Hopefully more updates come to it soon. They say eventually it will be a full blown video editor. I just use it to adjust color and such before I add it the video editor.

Have you shot anything in 4k mode? Not that it would make a difference playing it back on a computer screen.

Haven't tried it yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!