October 19 Trail ride report

• We had six DeJA Jeeps in the group. Shorebird (me) guiding, Glen (cj8), Jay (slowpoke), Keith (stomper), Andy (Andydjk), and Tim (Ranger ?),sorry Tim :) . This was Andy and his JK's first ride, so we gave him the the standard DeJA 101. We started out on 1a to break Andy in a little before hitting trail 2 (blue), We picked up the blue section of trail 4 to C at Yellow jacket and then ran the blue CV trail. After CV we ran trail O then broke for lunch at the entrance/exit of trail 8. Time to head south. We ran trail 25 (Green), then trail 22 (Blue/black = Purple), skirted Lake Christy and and headed for Camel Back and Snake Bite. Jay and I ran Camel Back and as Tim was running it got hung up on a rock which tweeked his tie rod. Andy got to see a minor recovery as Glen pulled him clear of the rock. Upon inspection of the damage Keith decided to do a rough toe in adjustment and call it a day for the father-son team. We all headed back toward the registration area the remaining four planning to hit a few more trails and the comp area. On the way glen's CJ8 broke a spring pack centering bolt (I had one) which necessitated a trail repair. When complete it was time for us to call it a day. Air up, BS, and head home. BTW Andy plans to do it again, I guess we all did a good job with our DeJA 101!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Like Randy said we had a great day on the trail. Tim slid off of a rock and trashed his tie rod the second one for this year. Fortunatly they are not to expensive for a stock replacment, since he and I use the same rod we may buy one for a spare. Andy did great for his first time out. He was riding with Tim for the rock sliding thing maybe his finger marks will buff out LOL. Hope to see you all for the member ride in November.

Keith

• Thanks for posting the pics! Did you have any problems on the drive home?

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!