Trail Report February 22 SNOW ride at RC

• It was a beautiful day with lots of snow. The drive to the park was a little "Hairy" at times due to the ice patches which started for me at the PA/MD line and continued all the way to RC. As a lot of you know in snow access roads can become winch hills and blues become easy Greens. Everyone who made it had posted up for a Green/Blue so we had two stock YJs, and one stock JK all on street tires, plus a few first timers. We started on 1a and pretty much stayed on the green trail. We ran Trail 2 (blue) to the frog hole then jumped over to 1b (green) to exit on D and then to E and the South Property. We hit Trail 25, we were the first to run it since the last snow, where we stopped to play in the Fire Pit then proceeded to S around Lake Christy. By this time the sun was turning the snow to slush and raising the "Slippery" factor. We stopped for lunch along the side of E near the 101 Trail. We then went to the gate and took the trail down to the Power Line. My thoughts were to let everyone play on the hills at the top of the Power Line. Bob (Hookedonthebay) took a couple of shots at them with his locked TJ on 35's as did YJ Dave with no success. At the top of the Tower Road YJ Dave's left rear tire decided it had enough for the day and went flat. After a quick change we ran down the Pole Line to the 3 Hills. The three Jeeps on street tires needed a little winching at the top. At this time we headed back to the parking lot to drop off those who had to leave early. The remaining four of us then went down past the old registration area and ran the green part of L3 back to A and then took the shortcut to C and ran the 3 Hills backwards to B then back to the Comp area. Some of us played on the comp course then load up, air up, BS an uneventful ride home.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Hopefully the snow all melts away before next ride, while it was fun to play in it, it sure put a damper on running normally good trails.. :bang:

• I agree! Anyone who rode on Sat. for the first time owes it to themselves to make a ride at RC under normal conditions.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Randy, thanks for leading us. And Bob, thanks for the winch! We had a great group out there.

I am hoping to join up on the April ride, depending on what date is chosen. Hopefully I'll be out of those stock tires by then!

• I can't say enough how great of a first trip that was for myself and Nikki. She had a blast drive some of the trials. I'm afraid I might be in the market for a pink jk in the future. Lol

Randy was a fabulous guide and everyone that showed up far excessed my expectations. I really didn't know what to expect but the way everyone helped each other, took pictures/video, all the conversation/laughes during lunch & breaks and even the snowball throwing made it a great vent for me. I look forward to many more trail rides and trips with you guys.

Speaking of video, if anyone has video of me in the fire pit or on the 3 hills, please pm me.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• I think the day after a run can be better then the day of the run. It gives you some time to re-think, and enjoy the journey you had (instead of sweating getting stuck and breaking stuff).. It has been over 5 yrs since my last trail run and this was my first snow run. I'm definitely going to re-work my schedule to get to more of them.

DEJA has always been a great group of guys (and girls).

JDS dad - i'll check if my buddy got you on vid
    kevin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!