FAST & LOUD JEEP REBUILD TONIGHT, SUN, 3/30

• It's tomorrow.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• It might be ok. I like that show and Aaron the main mechanic seems to have function in mind over bling. The brocnco build they did awhile back was pretty sweet.

• From what I can tell it's going to be one day of mods.

"[color=rgb(102, 102, 102)][size=14px]Aaron and the Gas Monkey crew overhaul a Jeep in 24 hours to surprise a friend. Richard flips a funky gull-winged Bricklin. Daphne convinces a reluctant Richard to hire his nephew. Dennis and Richard argue over how best to sell their COPO Camaros."[/size][/color]

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.&nbsp; These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.&nbsp; All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.&nbsp; Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

[size=3] Daphne convinces a reluctant Richard to hire his nephew. Dennis and Richard argue over how best to sell their COPO Camaros.[/size]

That's the kind of stuff that turns me off of a lot of these shows. Why do they build in this added drama?

Gears was one of my favorite shows and I liked Extreme 4x4 but the guy's voice was annoying. Plus they took Jesse off.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• All of these shows have the same drama. Overhaulin, West Coast Customs, American Hot Rod etc. It always comes down to the last minute. The final build in the final hour somehow gets done just as the customer is walking through the shop. And of course tempers flare and guys get fired. :mrgreen:

• Just watched it.. and in the immortal words of JEEPKID, they are just a bunch of bolt on mother f'ers

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Just watched it.. and in the immortal words of JEEPKID, they are just a bunch of bolt on mother f'ers

and how's that different from 98% of Jeep "builds"? lol Actually, they did a pretty good job. Nice lights, the new twill soft top, etc. I only wonder what the problem was with mounting that front bumper. I did a little internet'ing and found that Dennis seems to be the owner of Black Mountain. Same address as his Jeep dealership. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I was more interested in the Mustang featured in the episode before.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It was weak! Although it looked way better than it did to start with and they only had a day but it was definiatly a very lame build. Although I guess if its just a street jeep than it hit the mark. 10k for that is crazy though!

• I didn't think it was that bad. They only had a day to do it and $10k isn't gonna get you a lot when you're paying some one to do it all.

• Found it amusing that it was essentially a commercial for Collins Jeep/Black Mountain yet installation of the front bumper, winch, and rear tire carrier was portrayed as 'difficult' and that things didn't fit/needed to be modded.

• I did a 60 mile bike ride then fell asleep at the end of the Mustang segment. Woke up after the Jeep segment was over. Next time, no bike ride.

• I love how people seem to forget that television shows are not made for
    free and for the sole purpose of entertaining you...

A national television program is ONLY made to sell advertising space.
    Period. End of story. Some of the best shows ever made have been canceled
    because they cant bring advertising dollars - and then theres the Kardashian
    thing which doesnt seem to die.

FnL is one of my favorites right now, and if they need to promote a JEEP
    ACCESSORY MANUFACTURER to help stay on the air... then Im in -
    quite possibly the LEAST I could possibily do to help.

And like Whatevah said - they did more to that jeep than 80% of the "builds"
    Ive ever come across in the real world so, again, more power to them...

I drive WAY too fast to be worried about cholesterol...

Edited once, last by Bonkers ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!