Dmv troubles

• Just went through dmv to renew registration and failed for needing wider fender flair and mud flaps... WTF
    Never had this issue before was this guy just a prick?
    It had passes the 3 previous trips through dmv and nothing is different :censored: :bang:

05 unlimited rubicon teraflex long arm kit poison spyder rocker guards 35" pro comp extreme mud terrains

• Just went through dmv to renew registration and failed for needing wider fender flair and mud flaps... WTF
    Never had this issue before was this guy just a prick?
    It had passes the 3 previous trips through dmv and nothing is different :censored: :bang:

Post a pic from the back.

Flares I understand, mud flaps not so much.

• i know it has been questionable on the flares my tires do stick out about 1 1/2". one guy said it was borderline before but no one has said anything about mudflaps, sorry i dont have any pics at this time

05 unlimited rubicon teraflex long arm kit poison spyder rocker guards 35" pro comp extreme mud terrains

• :laughabove: Too true Keith. Been looking at flares for a while
    Guess this gives me an excuse.
    I may have to remove the wheel spacers as well as it is actually closer to 3" after further measurements, oops

Edited once, last by jpfan ().

• From what I've been told @ the DMV, they are concerned with the "amount of tread" past the flares. So if you only have an inch of the actual tread and then another 1/2" of sidewall you'd be fine. But like posted before, there's no set standard per se' and it usually falls to the inspectors discretion. I'd try a few things first and in this order... 1. Different DMV or inspector 2. Thinner tires just for inspection (borrow a set and try before you remove the wheel spacers) 3. Temporarily add some material to the flare to make up the difference in tread coverage.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I'd try a few things first and in this order... 1. Different DMV or inspector 2. Thinner tires just for inspection (borrow a set and try before you remove the wheel spacers) 3. Temporarily add some material to the flare to make up the difference in tread coverage.

you will have more time in going to pick up the smaller tires than taking off wheel spacers

• Yep my plan was to remove the wheel spacers first but I gave to wait until I get the parts for the mini Cooper in the garage that is now occupying the jackstands

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!