SOLVED...IAC, TPS, & MAP

• 97 wrangler 4.0.

So here is where I stand with my issues. I experienced cranking last weekend but no turnover. It threw the codes P0122, P0123, P0505, P1296, P0441. Here is a list of the codes. https://www.getahelmet.com/jeeps/tech/codes/ (I know it says 98 but the issues are the same)

What I first did was unbolt the IAC and all connections and cleaned the IAC. I also put a new gas cap on. Then I started the jeep with no luck. Same thing...cranking but no turnover. Then, I went to NAPA and picked up a new TPS. Upon installation, the jeep started up but the idling was different. It was fluctuating a bit and getting real close to stalling . I ran it for about 15 mins at idle and did a quick loop around the block. Everything seemed fine...or so it seemed.

I was driving down 13 and between 1st and 2nd gear, it stalled and CEL popped up. I got 14 and 24 codes from the dash and P0122 and P1296 from the OBDII.

Does this behavior make sense to anyone? What are the next steps? Should I Just replace the MAP sensor and see what happens? Also, last week I installed 2 LED lights from the battery directly to a switch but I don't see this having caused the problems.

I am by no means an expert, especially electrically, so anyone assistance will help. The Jeep is currently sitting at a buddy's house near Silverside Rd and 13.

Thanks for reading this.

New to the Jeep world<br /><br />Disclaimer: Will ask dumb questions

Edited once, last by surfin ().

• Well before doing anything....check and clean the PCM connector pins. :bang:

Mine were green and gunked. So I used some electronic cleaner and a toothbrush on the pins...jeep fired up very smooth and no CEL.

New to the Jeep world<br /><br />Disclaimer: Will ask dumb questions

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!