High back REAR seat in a YJ

• Does anyone know of a high back rear seat that will fit in a 95 YJ? I have had adults in the back seat, and the short back is really uncomfortable. :sniffle:

I was thinking of retro-fitting a seat from a Samurai(??). Maybe even a toyota echo...

Any hints/suggestions will be appreciated. :peace:

kjb

• I went out and took a quick mesure

My stock Jeep seats are 20" wide
    the opening inbetween the wheels is 36" +- 1"

so a to get combined seat mesure of 40" into
    a space of 36" you will need to compress each seat 2"
    or 1" per side. for a total saving of 4"

With a little work I think it will fit but it will be tight.

• I don't think it would be worth it. I'd bet that it isn't just the seat that is making adults uncomfortable. The lack of foot and leg room, as well as the narrow rear section, also attribute to the uncomfortableness.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

I don't think it would be worth it. I'd bet that it isn't just the seat that is making adults uncomfortable. The lack of foot and leg room, as well as the narrow rear section, also attribute to the uncomfortableness.

The rear seat area is definitely not made for comfort. But people seem to mention the low seat back. I even had people complain of back pain..

I guess if there was an easy fix, I'd have found it by now.

kjb

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!