DeJA GWNF III - Stocker Trail Ride - September 9-11th, 2005

• This event is intended for stock vehicles, or those who'd like an easy trail ride with any Jeep. The previous two trips have been to George Washington National Forest in Harrisonburg, Virginia, but I am actively looking for new trails in that area and out. If I find nothing comparable to our last trip's trails, we will go back to the same place. There is a campground near the dam that offers toilet and shower facilities and is inexpensive. I'm suggesting we move to that campsite and will post a link to it if others are interested. As I find other possibilities for trails, I'll look for similar camping arrangements.

I'm open to suggestions for trails in the area (or closer) for STOCK Jeeps, as well as adjustments to the date.

DrJ

(can this be a sticky?)

• I am really intersted in this one (wife too). A couple comments, suggestions, etc...

What about Labor Day weekend (Sat-Mon) or later in Sept/early Oct? For me personally (yes it is all about me :rollsmile: ), the later the better due to the wife being a teacher and can't take off the 1st few weeks of school.

Just some thoughts since it is not right around the corner :tup:

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• I'd prefer it to be earlier than later, the nights are warmer. If we move it back a weekend, would that help? September 2-5th would give us a four day trip, or a day to recover, but would mean serious traffic going each way. I'm game for a week earlier. Anyone else got issues with a date?

• That weekend is fine...I was just throwing out other suggestions. :wavey:

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

Edited once, last by ().

• Its a long ways away and I never know what could come up in my schedule but I definatley want to go on this trail ride, I missed the last 2 stocker rides and they looked like lots of fun....I'm going to search around for some stocker trails closer but I'll post back with comments and suggestions...I didnt look at the dates but would this be a weekend trip? I prefer weekends If that matters at all...thurs, fri, sat, sun

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• heres a couple places I spotted out Steve, know nothing about them...Just throwin them out for you to do the research... :yevil:

green ridge?

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/out…ntures/orvgreenridge.html

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/orv.html

Other trails MD?

http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/r…d/poplarlick00/index.htm?

Dont know how stocker friendly this is?

http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/r…big_dogs_09_01/index.htm?

Other Junk....ok Im done researching
    http://<br>http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/northeasttrails/

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Either date works for me...do what is best for you and the rest of the club.

1990 YJ, 4&quot; Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Quote from "XJ99"

heres a couple places I spotted out Steve...

Be careful using the web to find trails. For example, the Pocomoke Forest Trail on your link is closed to Jeeps and anything over 1000lbs. I called them the week we bought the KJ and found out it is closed. The parks are really slow to update their web sites, so call to check availability of the trails.

I'm looking at the other links now, THANKS!!!!!

• yea I understand that, I know we definatley got to call before any plans are made...what about greenridge place...seems nice, maybe a little small for 2-3 days of wheeling

• I called Green Ridge. They have one ORV trail open to Jeeps. It is 18 miles of "rough road" as the park ranger called it. She said a car could do about 7 miles of it, the other 11 would require 4WD, but there are no stream crossings, mudhles, etc. It is free, but she asked that we call to let them know when we're going so they can "warn the dirt bikers". She's sending a map, but it doesn't sound like much.

I also joined NoVA Jeepers today (Northern Virginia Jeepers). I posted that I was looking for an alternative to GWNF (a place they frequent as well). We'll see what they offer.

• Quote from "quadna71"

dude....why btt'ing it? we have over 3 months to go still and it's even been stickied!!!!! :doh:
    chris (dreading the 25 page thread already)

p.s. hope napa valley was fun :peace:

Steve's still recovering probably.

But, I've got no problem with the long threads, and I am glad Steve's got a passion for planning these trips.

Rock on, DrJ.

Exactly what time are we meeting at Holly's ?? :grin:

• How come its not on the calendar yet :doh:
    I went to sign up and it wasn't there. :shrug:

Steve must not be on the ball yet. Still having jet lag. :suspicious:

J/K :laughing:
    I'd be in but probably by myself this time. (Maybe Taylor too)

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Exactly what time are we meeting at Holly's ?? :grin:

Now who's got the biggest stick?

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "quadna71"

dude....why btt'ing it? we have over 3 months to go still and it's even been stickied!!!!! :doh:
    chris (dreading the 25 page thread already)

p.s. hope napa valley was fun :peace:

Eeeeesssshhh! Because I posted it during the afternoon during a slow few minutes. Other posts during the day dropped it off of the homepage list, and I wanted those interested in the trip to have a better chance at seeing it when it was initially posted, rather than letting it settle into obscurity for a month or so. Some of us need to request vacation time well in advance, those who do will be happy to have known as far in advance as possible.

From a marketing perspective, it is always good to hit customers for sales during the afterglow a positive experience.

Try it sometime... hint, hint...
    :hmm:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!