Wrenching on the holiday weekend

• I have a ton to do and could use a hand getting it done. i will be working on the jeep all 3 days, sat, sun, and monday.
    the keg is full and i will have plenty of feed for who ever come by.

what i will be trying to finish:
    set motor mounts
    make tranny mount
    set motor, tranny, t-case
    set tub
    run fuel lines
    run brake lines
    fab steering column
    set radiator and run lines
    and whatever else theres time for.

• Sunday is the canal clean-up. I may be able to come down to help on Saturday or Monday, though I don't know how much help I can be. I'll let you know as we get closer...

• You'd be surprised how much help a second set of hands and eyes can be when putting in an engine. I'll put it down on my calender to see if I can break away.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• like john said, just the set of hands will help big time.

and if any one else has stuff to work on i will have driveway space and tools avalible.

• the from AA came in today, (thanks Aaron), so everything is a go. now if my front locker and install kit would show up i would be much better off.

• what tranny do you have? i might have a daystar tranny mount that never got installed i could sell super cheap

• Aaron and I helped Don build his deck all day. i will be working around the garage on some stuff tomarrow (Sunday). and probibly during the week a few night (can never tell what night untill that night)

• i will be getting Johns engine hoist friday for sat.
    what will be happening:

bolt tranny to motor
    hoist motor/tranny into place so i can weld mounts in place
    make tranny mount
    remove bushings from rear springs
    and more little things

if anyone actually shows up i will have plenty of beer on tap and i will take care of lunch.
    and i guess i can get some non alcholic drink also

• i got a few things done by my self today.

thanks to John for not only lending me his hoist and welder, but even delivering it. now thats service

• Quote from "bmf24"

i got a few things done by my self today.

thanks to John for not only lending me his hoist and welder, but even delivering it. now thats service

I'm sorry I couldn't help out any. It was a busy weekend.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• both axles are in.
    the rear tire i just kinda pushed back there and its sitting crooked, thats why it looks like its steering.
    no rear steer, saving that for the buggy.
    i was checking the front steering and it looks like i will need a waggy pitman arm to get anough steering throw. the problem is i have exactly 1" between the drag link and the tie rod. with the waggy arm i am pretty sure i am going to hit.

John-
    i am done with the hoist and welder, i can bring it back later today if your around, or i will try for tomarrow if your busy today. it worked great, thanks again.

• don sent the check out last week for the waggy arms, not sure if he got the 2 of them or not. might wanna check with him on that and find out what his ransome is on the 2nd one.

Oh then there's the finders fee $$$ :hmm: :suspicious:

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Quote from "SLINKY"

don sent the check out last week for the waggy arms, not sure if he got the 2 of them or not. might wanna check with him on that and find out what his ransome is on the 2nd one.

Oh then there's the finders fee $$$ :hmm: :suspicious:

yeah, he got 2. one for him and me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!