need a trans

• any body have a line on where I can get a 6 speed transmission for a JKU ? mine is toast, looking at over $3000 to rebuild. I think it would be cheeper & faster to swap it out, thanks

• any body have a line on where I can get a 6 speed transmission for a JKU ? mine is toast, looking at over $3000 to rebuild. I think it would be cheeper & faster to swap it out, thanks

Ok so fast search, Rebuilt Chrysler NSG370 online $ 1662.00 with a $500 core charge and $44 shipping. Add a new clutch / plate /bearing while you are there. You also might do well finding a junkyard wreck. The job should be pretty doable in a drive way in a weekend assuming there are no major issues.

http://www.mopardealerparts.co…/42537343/RL104742AC.html

[/size]
    [/size][size=78%]What did you do to your trans anyway? [/size]
    [/size]
    [/size][size=78%] [/size]

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• thanks , that tranie is for a 2008, I need a RL146627AA whitch is $3500 -$1662 is for a RL104742AC

Yeah that s a pricey one, you can hunt junk yards, but totals that new are often held for insurance.

You could always learn how to rebuild it yourself , and itr might not even need a full tear down. A few specific tools and replacement parts , and you should be able to do it. It not rocket surgery !

What did you do to it anyway?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• it was stolen , carjacked & when I tried to yank the SOB out of the jeep he drove it into the side of my work truck then into a 18 in tree & after I got him out it drove across the street onto my neighbors lawn & stopped by hitting a 3 foot tree. I managed to mangle both legs & break my wrist while he got away, the end. I bought my jeep back from the insurance co. for $3500 after 2 months of we'll give you $11000 minus the $3500 of course & me saying no :censored: way. I had to find every recipt for anything I did to her& went online& looked up 1300 2010 wranglers in a hundred mile radius to finaly get them to make me a decent offer. sorry about the rant, the end for real

• Wow, that is totally f'ed up. Does it have to be that trans? Any other swap options?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• just got a callback from parts tec from that mopar site you posted. there is a 6 week wait for every wrangler transmission. every year JK has its own part number but talking to him some I got out of him that this is very recient. the 2007 to 2011 trans used to be the same part number so any any year should fit in my jeep.don't want to jinx it but I found a shop in Calif. that does hemi conversions & has a transmission sitting around , it's a small shop & I'm waiting to find out if they will ship it , crossing my fingers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!