1997 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport $6500

• Details and pics here:

5/3/2017: Price reduced to $6500.

craigslist

6 cyl 4.0L engine/auto trans (trans rebuilt in 2012)
    109k miles
    A/C, AM/FM/CD
    Superlift 4” lift allows 34” tires
    Full underbody armor
    Front and rear diffs locked
    Front and rear bumper equipped with receiver for recovery
    No rips or tears in upholstery
    New sailcloth top in 2012

Recent work:
    Front track bar
    Front brakes & rotors
    Muffler and tailpipe

Rear axle bearings & seals
    Rear brakes and drums
    Front and rear O2 sensors
    Top radiator hose
    Oil pressure sender
    Left rear frame (due to rust) by Aaron Stapen

Exhaust manifold
    Head gasket (no issues, just did it while doing the manifold). Valves/pistons looked great
    Cap/rotor/wires/plugs
    Air filter
    Flush coolant
    Serpentine belt
    Fuel tank skid plate
    Fuel pump & gauge sending unit

Lots more work done-I have all the maintenance records.
    This vehicle is ready to go. Never abused; when off-roading at Paragon or Rausch Creek I took it easy and avoided things like frog hole. I’ve never broken anything and have out-climbed D90s with ease.

Current tires are 34” super swampers with lots of tread but they are old and starting to dry rot. I’m not replacing them because the buyer will want to choose tires depending on how they intend to use the Jeep. I have 9 wheels total because I used to run the swampers for off road and some BFG Mud Terrains for on road.
    Comes with lots of extras, a case for the windows, and a full cover.

• I'm not in the market, but that sounds like low miles for that vintage. It also looks like you have good documentation of the work on it. If you can post (or even link to) pics, it would go a long way to help you sell it.

Good luck.
    Kevin

• What lockers are installed and gear ratios ? How is the frame any of the standard rot out ?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Powertrax lockers. 3.73 gears put in when I did the lift. Original gears were 3.07. Left side frame replaced by Aaron Stapen (a member here). Right side has the beginnings of the rot at the rear where there is no factory drain but Aaron said no need to address it yet.

• I'm not in the market, but that sounds like low miles for that vintage. It also looks like you have good documentation of the work on it. If you can post (or even link to) pics, it would go a long way to help you sell it.

Good luck.
    Kevin

Thank you. I keep all the work records and a log book. The Craigslist link has pics. I figured I'd not duplicate them here. I do have many more now as there's been a lot of interest and people have asked for more.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!