New Tail Lights

• So I got a Jeep magazine in the mail yesterday called A Guide To Back Roads or something like that. On the cover is a happy family enjoying a day out in the Wrangler with the top down. There was something that seemed a bit off in the picture. Upon further inspection, I noticed the Jeep has different tail lights. Anyone have any information on this? Is Jeep planning on redesigning the tail lights for 2006? Or are they advertising an aftermarket set of tail lights? Seeing as it is an official Jeep periodical, I am assuming it will be on newer wranglers.

The lights are the same shape but they have a yellow stripe across the center and the reverse lights are on the bottom. If I get a chance, I'll get a picture up.

• I don't think they're the Euro style tail lights, but I could be wrong.

Like I said, this is an official Jeep thing so I don't think they would advertise someone else's lights.

Here are some pics...

• Got it - I've never seen them before - I've only seen the Euro Style tail lights in Qtec. I have no desire to put them on mine - I was just curious.

Thanks

• Quote from "matty427"

Got it - I've never seen them before - I've only seen the Euro Style tail lights in Qtec. I have no desire to put them on mine - I was just curious.

Thanks

Yeah, not sure where quadratec comes up with some of their marketing hype. I can assure you that european Jeeps aren't riding around with those bling-bling clear tail-lights they sell as eurospec.

I like the amber stripe.

• the term eurotails is a generic term created by the hype of the import scene with the clear lights with chrom inside them with some red reflectors. it was the aftermarkets attempt to copy the original lexus is300 tail lights. the manufacturing companies eventually started to cross over to pickups and suvs. so Q-tec did not creat the name, they just used what the manufacturer calls them.

No matter what you call them, I would never buy them, but thats just me.
    Although back in the day I did have clear tail lights on an accord :doh:

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

hey brian, maybe some new tail lights for your tj???

Hey is that a Yellow joke :folded: :folded: :folded:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• i work at at a dealer and those lights are for export only. unfortunately we can't order anything that is marked export only. i have tried.

• As stated with the "Euro" specs, these are the standard Jeep tailights in Europe, or at least in Germany.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!