EMERGENCY PLEASE READ NOW I NEED HELP

• My jeep is under water over the hood. I can't get to my winch and it's starting to get dark out. I'm in Newark and I REALLY need someone with a winch to help me out. I need to get it out and get it running. PLEASE ANYONE I"LL PAY YOU ILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. Its right off of 72 in the industrial park. I'm at my house on Cleveland ave. PLEASE CALL ME IF YOU CAN HELp

JEFF

• Sorry man I cant help you out tonight cause Im on my way out to dinner and movie with my girl and Im already cleaned up but If you lock It up tonight I can help you out tomorow...that place Isnt very safe to wheel (also Illegal)....thats where I messed up my XJ when I dunked It....I dont have a winch but Im sure If your not back to far I could pull you out with a rope....where exactly are you stuck back there...right next to 95? The mini-lake hehe....I'll check early tomorow and If you still need help I'll give you a call around 9-10am

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• He's out, but not without some damage. Passenger side fender is crushed pretty bad and some dents in the hood as well. Looks like the computer is fried when his hood was under the water.

All told there was 2 big Chevy trucks, 2 TJ's, 1 CJ and 1 ZJ that were there to help out.

I didn't hang around to late, but the Tow Truck was on the way to get him home.

Joe

• THanks to everyone who showed up, I definately couldn't ahve done it alone. As for the damage, Joe pretty much sumed it up. Tomorrow im' gonna drain everything and dry out the engine (the intake went under within 5 seconds of trying to shimmy it out so I didn't get a chance to cut it, so it's locked), see if we can't get it running again. The ECU is probably fried along with the aftermarket stereo and speakers from when it was flipped on it's side. Body damage is minimal, only the fender and the hood. So basically I'll be working this summer to fix my stupid mistake. If only i had a snorkel... if only. Once again, thanks so much to everyone, I don't know wehre i'd be without you (well actually, i'd be under water in my boat :doh: ) I'll keep everyone updated.

• Let this be a reminder that the place you were at is Illegal and dangerous...the water holes are very deep and you can never tell how deep they are after a good rain...I havent been back there sinced I sunk my XJ and try to warn people that the Industrial park is not a good place to wheel....good luck geting ur Jeep up and running though...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• thats why unless your wheelin on your own property, ALWAYS wheel with a buddy. Found that lil rule out the hard way, pretty much same as you except mud was over the hood

• As a founding member of this club I would like to address a few issues.

First of all, I am glad that you were not injured and that there was no irreparable damage to your Jeep.

I do, however, feel that I must point out that it is illegal to "wheel" in that location. While I can not keep you, or anyone else for that matter, from "wheeling" in illegal areas I can, and do advise against it.

Also I would like to remind the folks here on the boards, members and guests of the club alike, that engaging in illegal activities while operating a vehicle with our club website adorning it can only hurt the club's image. If you feel you must practice these activities I, and I am sure the BOD's, would appreciate the removal of the "Delaware Jeep Association" logo's, banners, and/or flags from the vehicle. Please take into consideration: No matter what the reason, yes even to "rescue" a fellow Jeeper, it is still criminal trespassing on private property.

I hate to be "the bad guy" but someone had to bring it up.

• Quote from "ChiChuM"

If only i had a snorkel... if only.

snorkel wouldnt ahve kept the computer alive honetly I think the liquid lock is the least of your worries. pull all spark plugs and see if it will turn over if it will this should unliquid lcok the motor unless you bent something....... good luck fixing it..... I love paragon and rausch creek I know they are far away and cost money to get into but trail guides are there to keep you out of situations like this....

• Yeah glad I could help I have some real good friends that will take one for the greater good if need be and I think the only true deja member was joe love but he did his part so I'm just glad that we got him out I have the pictures on my phone so if the owner of the jeep wants them posted ill send them to some one that can well I hope everything turns out ok for you and you get your tj running again and maby ill see you at the hooter show

• Quote from "stretch"

Yeah glad I could help I have some real good friends that will take one for the greater good if need be and I think the only true deja member was joe love but he did his part so I'm just glad that we got him out I have the pictures on my phone so if the owner of the jeep wants them posted ill send them to some one that can well I hope everything turns out ok for you and you get your tj running again and maby ill see you at the hooter show

now that is one loooong sentence! :laughing:

• Quote from "Rob Smith"

I hate to be "the bad guy" but someone had to bring it up.

No Rob you are totaly correct.

I was going to say it last night but felt he didn't need me to pile on he had enough issues to deal with.

• Hey all. To start off with, I didnt know it was illegal, I checked with a few people around and they said it wasn't... I've been informed. I'm moving back to the poconos this weekend so I won't have to worry about being there anymore.

Now, as for the Jeep. I have so AMAZING NEWS. The ECU is NOT!!! fried. I have a few buddies who work on cars and they informed me that if you turn the car to the ON position, and the check engine light comes on (which it did), and then goes off (which it didn't because it's been on for a while) then the ecu is properly functioning. Second is I've pulled the plugs, shot the H2O out and sprayed everything down with engine store to prevent rusting. I'm going to empty the oil and replace the filter and clean some stuff out. After that, I'm curious what else I should do. It does turn over and it barked a few times so I know it's not dead. If anyone wants to let me know what else I need to do or wants to stop by and help me out I'd really appreciate it. I'm at 87 Cleveland in Newark.

A big thanks again to everyone for last night and i think I just learned a hard lesson. :lbulb:

And Stretch, go ahead and post them, I'm an idoit and I should be made fun of for this whole situation :doh:

• :doh: It is 11:30 on Saturday and I just got the message from Joe. Sorry that I did not get it sooner. :question:
    :lie: Hope it is not to bad. As for the computer mine has been under a few times and still works fine the board is sealed. Also I hope you didn't Hydro-Lock the motor and brake a crank or bend a rod.

:lie: Best of luck and Keep us informed. :lie:

• She runs!!! I managed to get it started, you should have seen the water shooting out of the exhaust pipe... the only damage is some body damage, damage to the roll cage, to my door jams, my radio is dead and there are a few shorts (the horn shorted out at 4am and woke everyone in the neighborhood up). So except for the inevitable permanent damage to the engine, we're up and running.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!