34x10.5 tire/wheel question.

• Right now I've got Mickey Thompson rims and Bridgestone ATs 315/70R17. I don't really like the look of the rims and wanted different tires also. The current tires also look a bit stuffed under the lift and I'd like a little bit more space between the tires and fenders

My TJ had 33x10.5 BFG MTs on stock rims. I really liked the look because the tires didn't stick out as much. I'm wondering if I can do something similar with 34x10.5's BFG ATs. Will they fit on stock JK rims? Anyone have a setup with 34x10.5 and have any good or bad experiences with that setup? The JK is lifted to clear the tires but wondering about steering on stock rims with the backspacing.

Also open to any metric size suggestions that is close to 34s but narrow.

Thanks!

• 255/80R17 is about 33 x 10.50, but there aren't many tires available in that size. I had 285/75R17's (34 x 11.50) on stock wheels and they rubbed on the sway bar at full turn. I have 285/70R17's now, they are about 33 x 11.50 and they also rub on the sway bar with stock wheels. The rubbing wasn't enough to add spacers or change wheels for me, ymmv.

When I take it off road, I use a set of BFG 35 x 12.50's on Qtec wheels which are 8.5 wide with 5.2 inches of backspacing and they do no rub anywhere. I have just under 2 inches of lift.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!