New logo ideas--can I get some opinions please.

• We have been working on "branding" some of our products and have some ideas in the works. Here is what we came up with first. This piece is a cap for our tire carrier hinges. I was sick of those cheap trailer bearing caps that would distort when installed and look like crap. I think these will finish them off nice.

Here is the more basic one that I had given to my machinist:

here is what he added to try to dress it up a little:

These will have a slight interference fit and then the o-ring creates the seal:

What do you guys think? All opinions are welcome and thanks for your help.
    Zach.

• I like the more plain one on the left Zach. It looks more rugged to me. The other looks like a camping store logo to me. But both will look good.

• I like the one without the mountains too.

I'd like to see the option turtle suggested, with just a big "AtoZ" on it, that might look cool. You have to be careful with the Jeep grill too. Although you wouldn't have a problem I wouldn't think, since yours is modified from the 7 slot design, they're kinda picky about it. I did a logo for All My Needs from the Q'tec board a few years back, that incorporated the 7 slots into the lettering, it was a great looking logo, but Jeep wouldn't let him use it.

• I agree with using the first, more basic one. The second looks to be more like a Holloween pumpkin face and somehow seems to be taking a design idea Jeep used with mountains.

• Of the two, I like the one without the mountains as well. But I'm not crazy about the grille because it looks like two lollipops. Turtles idea of a simple AtoZ seems good.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks for the replies. We have been trying to find something that identifies us upon sight which is why I thought of the art-deco grille. I thought the four slats would prevent problems with Jeep, but actually Ford owns the seven-slat trademark because they were the first to use it. GM found that out when they designed the Hummer and Jeep tried to sue them.

If anyone with artistic ideas has a nice simple design I would be open to help. :wavey:

• The rule from school is "don't dilute the message with graphics, or the graphics with a message" Just use the AtoZ unless you want to develop a mark (like Nike's swoosh, Warn's W, etc.). Personally, a large AtoZ would be the coolest...to many pseudo-Jeep logos out there. Soon the AtoZ WILL be your mark, don't confuse that process with more versions.

DrJ (teaches design and photography)

• I'll see what I can come up with. I got one idea of using a child's building block to work off the A to Z alphabet but have to figure out how to make it car oriented. A Jeep grille on one of the block faces might work but you don't want people thinking that you ONLY do Jeep fabrications, or do you?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "DrJ"

Remember, it has to be machined in metal, sounds like a lot of detail work to me, not very production friendly.

I figured they'd be laser cut anyway for mass production. But you are right, simplicity is the key.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• What you might do then is come up with a standard full logo for the bigger parts and then just have a partial logo, or emblem, made for the smaller parts.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Done. I was just over at the machine shop and changed the logo to just our standard AtoZ Fabrication logo and make it as wide as possible for better identification.
    The program they work with is sooo freaking saweet. It shows the way the whole piece is milled while you look at it. Sounds geeky, but it made me a little wet. :rolleyes:

• Quote from "Slimer"

I got one idea of using a child's building block to work off the A to Z alphabet but have to figure out how to make it car oriented.

A to Z Construction down here uses a childs block as its logo - you might want to think elsewhere.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!