33Engineering Skid (Belly Up)

• I have that skid. Except for two issues, I think it's great! I slide over the rocks instead of getting hung up on them. I believe it's worth at least 2 inches of clearance in the middle.

However...

1. It took me MONTHS to get my skid. Everytime I called, the guy from Off Road Toy Store said that it either was just sent out for powdercoating, or just put given to UPS, but he was lying. It was very frustrating!

2. The flat plate is held to the frame using those recessed bolts for a 5.5 mm hex wrench. I could not find anywhere a 5.5 mm hex ratchet head, so I had to use a standard little hex wrench (still hard to find 5.5 mm in those). It was extremely difficult to get them out. It took four days and six wrenches, and still only got out five of the six bolts. Craig at Holly Oak had to cut the sixth one out. I replaced them with standard bolts -- I bought a bunch since the heads tend to get ripped up on the rocks and need to be replaced frequently.

Anyway, that's my .02.

• Pretty nice peice, but im sure it would be so easy to build one for less than what they are asking... :welder:

• Actually - While putting on my SYE I as considering picking this one up. A selling point for me is that they advertise that it works with the Skid Row Engine Skid.

• I wouldnt make my own but i hear a lot of people having trouble with the 33 eng. exhaust rattles. like andrew said the bolts suck. How many guys run the goferit skid? I remember they had a 1/4" option and still a decent price? I run the teraflex skid which hangs down a lil more than most and is only 3/16" but I just dont see paying $450 for an Nth TT

• Quote from "matty427"

Actually - While putting on my SYE I as considering picking this one up. A selling point for me is that they advertise that it works with the Skid Row Engine Skid.

Yep, it hooks up fine to the Skid Row Engine Skid (though it does change the tilt of the engine skid so that water and other crap pools at the front of the skid).

Also, I didn't need to modify the exhaust, which seems to be required with a number of other "belly up" type of skids.

You will need a body lift. I recommend the JKS 1 1/4" body lift over the regular 1" lifts, you'll may need that 1/4 inch to cram the transfer case up into the body.

• As I've read around, All of the write-ups dont mention using those spacers they're trying to sell. Did you use them Andrew?
    Also, one of the things holding me back was I thought it required exhaust modification. This is good news indeed!

• Quote from "turtle"

You suddenly have come across a metal brake that can bend 1/4" plate?

Actually yes i have one to bend metal plate...

• also, i got him to tell me if there were a group of people he would discount us.

2+ = 10%
    5+ = 20%

if anyone was looking.

• I'd consider this also. What would the price be with 20% off. I didn't see the original price posted anywhere.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the list price is 360.
    20% of of that would be 288.
    (360 x 0.20 = 72 ~ 360 - 72 = 288)
    Right?

• also i think they r offering free ground shippin right now

dont forget
    that u will also need rauca's and a cv d/s
    with this t/t
    and maybe a mm/l and b/l
    i know some of u guys have it
    just thought i would share the wealth with others

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!