Hella E-Codes

• Are "Hella 7" ECE, E-Code Conversion Headlamps" street legal? I found this thread where you guys talk about them, but on one of the description pages it states that they are not DOT street legal. If they aren't street legal, is it likely you'd get in trouble for running them in DE/PA?

Also, has anyone ever seen this writeup on a bi-xenon conversion kit?

• Intersting considering I'm about to buy the Delta conversions on the cover of the new q-tec catalog. Maybe I'll wait to read this a bit...

DrJ

• i didn't see the e-code ones on q-tec. I did see the Vision plus ones.....

but as for the write up on Oman4x4, I have seen that before. If you want to talk to Oman, he's on JeepsUnlimited.com all the time. If you want to speak with him or have a question, ask me and I'll PM him over there. I talk to him pretty often in toe OTN section of JU.

I have silverstar ones, and they make a difference. I was htinking about doing the delta tech ones, but i couldn't see doing 75 dollars for a set. Espeicially if I put wig-wags or something in the jeep, they would ware out even faster.

• An interesting quote from the Blue Mountain Jeep forums:

Quote from "Winter"

Without checking into it, my guess is the Deltas and IPF's are DOT LEGAL, whereas the Hella e-codes are not. Hella does make a DOT legal H4 lamp identical to the e-codes except for the lens fluting, called the vision-plus. I've used them and gave them right back. The main reason the ecodes are not DOT approved is that they must he aligned perfectly to give the best lighting and not blind oncoming traffic. This does take a dark section of road and adjusters that aren't frozen up, and some patience in dialing them in. Standard garage aligners will get you in the ballpark but are not designed with e-code lighting in mind.

http://www.bmja.org/forum/show…14&highlight=hella+e-code

Personally I don't know anything about aligning headlights, so this would pose a bit of a challenge for me.

• dr.j i've been running the delta's for a year now and haven't had any issues yet with the law. they claim that the blue light wave length is not as bad as the regular white halogen lamps, hence the wattage can be higher.
    you doing photogrophy, you know how different light does different things. buy them you'll never be sorry, and you'll be amazed how much difference there is.

• Quote from "DrJ"

Intersting considering I'm about to buy the Delta conversions on the cover of the new q-tec catalog. Maybe I'll wait to read this a bit...

DrJ

i think that is the jeep i saw artie and turtle "building" at turtles house a few months back... so i know it drove from kennett to west chester in the dark... i know that the blue light thing was a problem in either maryland or de a few years back.. (i knew lowrider people who got ticketed for having blulights they just put in) havent heard much latley of it though.. next time i see a cop ill ask em...

• Quote from "rdjp94"

i think that is the jeep i saw artie and turtle "building" at turtles house a few months back... so i know it drove from kennett to west chester in the dark... i know that the blue light thing was a problem in either maryland or de a few years back.. (i knew lowrider people who got ticketed for having blulights they just put in) havent heard much latley of it though.. next time i see a cop ill ask em...

If you have BLUE lights in your turn signals, you'll get nailed....
    in your headlights im not sure. I'll ask the 2 cop guys at the firehouse when I see em again..

• I know in PA some inspection stations will not pass your vehicle unless the lights say "dot" on the in fine print on the lens. this also applies to tail lights. I know people are going to say that they have never had a problem passing inspection but the possibility is there.

• Quote from "nate00"

I know in PA some inspection stations will not pass your vehicle unless the lights say "dot" on the in fine print on the lens. this also applies to tail lights. I know people are going to say that they have never had a problem passing inspection but the possibility is there.

shoot in pa if you know the guy inspecting well enough.. half the time he doesnt even check most things..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!