What mirror movers to get?

• I was told by a NCC police officer that i didn't need to have them as long as i had the rearview mirror. Although, changing lanes on 95 at rush hour can get a little tricky.

• Delaware code:
    § 4308. Rearview mirror

All motor vehicles and motorcycles shall be equipped with a mirror so placed that the driver thereof may readily ascertain the presence of any vehicle traveling in the same direction and overtaking the driver's vehicle. (36 Del. Laws, c. 10, § 125; Code 1935, § 5663; 21 Del. C. 1953, § 4308; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1.)

*this is the only delaware code relating to mirror requirements, so you dont need them but if you want them its all about what look you want, in maryland and pennsylvania its a different story but residents from out of state are exempted in maryland im not sure of PA.....ive seen motorcycle mirrors put into the holes where the doors go, ive seen mirror movers that take the mirrors off the doors, ive seen homemade ones....all about preference

Maryland code:
    § 22-403. Mirrors

(a) Motor vehicles - In general.- Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least one mirror located to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.

(b) Same - Registered in this State.- Every motor vehicle registered in this State shall be equipped with an outside mirror on the driver's side located to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle and along the driver's side of the vehicle. This subsection does not apply to motorcycles, which are governed by subsection (c) of this section.

and since im bored heres:

PA Code
    § 175.68. Mirrors

(a) Condition of mirrors. Mirrors shall be in safe operating condition as described in § 175.80 (relating to inspection procedure).
    (b) Rearview mirrors. A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with at least one rearview mirror or similar device which provides the driver an unobstructed view of the highway to the rear of the vehicle for a distance of not less than 200 feet. A mirror may not be cracked, broken or discolored.
    (c) Obstructions. On a vehicle specified under this subchapter, a rearview mirror shall be free from obstructions as described in § 175.80.
    (1) A vehicle specified under this subchapter having a sign, load or material which obstructs, obscures or impairs the driver’s clear view of the highway or an intersecting highway shall have two outside rearview mirrors, one on the driver’s side and one on the passenger’s side, each with a minimum reflective surface of 19.5 square inches.
    (2) Rear window louvers are permitted only if the vehicle has at least two outside rearview mirrors, one on the driver’s side and one on the passenger’s side, each with minimum reflective surfaces of 19.5 square inches.
    (3) Rearview mirrors, each with a minimum reflective surface of 19.5 square inches, shall be installed on both sides of a vehicle for which a certificate of exemption for a sun screening device or other material has been issued. A vehicle for which a certificate of exemption has been issued for medical reasons may be equipped with only a left outside rearview mirror, unless the vehicle was originally equipped with an outside rearview mirror on both sides of the vehicle.
    (4) No object or material may be hung from the rearview mirror and no object or material may be hung, placed or attached in a position so as to materially obstruct, obscure or impair the driver’s vision through the windshield or constitute a safety hazard.
    (5) This subsection also applies to glass etchings, except those used for vehicle identification.

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

Edited once, last by ().

• i feel safer actually looking over my shoulder to be sure, due to blindspots.......if you've ever ridden a motorcycle you would do this instinctively because the mirrors on bikes are not the most reliable

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Quote from "Urbancrawler22"

i feel safer actually looking over my shoulder to be sure, due to blindspots.......if you've ever ridden a motorcycle you would do this instinctively because the mirrors on bikes are not the most reliable

This makes sense for lane changes / turning. But for keeping track of erratic / innatentive / drunken drivers that are approaching from behind (especially on the highway @ highway speeds), I like to have every advantage possible in seeing them before it's too late.

• as far as I was aware, there are no mirror movers for an 06. The mirror is bolted to the door and you can't get it off.

you can do mirror movers, if you have mirrors from the older model jeeps, just 03-06 i think won't work....

I bought just mirrors from q-tec....that slip in the door holes.

I like these mirrors, new from q-tec -- http://www.quadratec.com/products/13023_302.htm

i have these but you can really only see where the car is, cuz they shake...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13120_01.htm

• skid row (i believe) makes a mirror mover for newer jeeps. has a plate the mirror mounts to.

i have the safari mirrors. they shake but keep it legal

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!