rti ramp

• well the Steel for the rti ramp is on its way to my house and I have the big welder here(just have to make a extension cord for it) so i guess this weekend can is going to be the first weekend to start on the build of the ramp. my house all are welcome can provide some drinks but please bring own food. I am pretty much availablke all weekend long and can/ will work on it when ever someone wants to be there. so anyone up for some cutting and grinding this weekend

• also anyone that has lights to donate, spindles wiht rotor and wheel bearings and rims or atlaest a common rim patteren ie 5 on 5.5 or 5on 4.5 please post so we can figure out how to get it all here.... thanks

• I can donate spindles rotors and wheels. The wheels are pretty rough and will need tires though. Do you need them before the next meeting? I'm booked this weekend but can leave the parts out on the table in my driveway for anyone who wants to stop by and pick them up.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• wouldnt mind having them this weekend if we can do the deja relay. what size are the tires and do the rotors have the wheel bearing and the hardware to mount them to the spindles. what are they off of so we can write it some where so the wheel bearings can be purchased in the future

• Sunday I'm booked, we have company from out of state. Saturday we'll be cleaning and preparing for company from out of state, but maybe I can sneek down for a bit on Saturday. If you can use the stuff from Slimer I can pick it up and bring it down.

Paul

• They are from an early Jeep. The wheels and tires are from the Scout but should have same bolt pattern. The tires are 29" but are trashed. They don't hold air. I believe the bearings are in the rotors. I'll check.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• if they are scout axles they should be 5 on 5.5 right if so I have rims and tires for it. we wont need yours if you just want them gone and paul doesnt mind brining them I will take them off your hands

• well after joe left I decided to take and make sure the steel we have is going to be enough to do a 30 deg ramp. the ramp is going to be 71 ins tall and just over 10 ft long not including hte tonge. here is apic showing how big it is going to be. my hand represents the max height of hte ramp...... it will defeinly give us all something to work at

by the way the max score on this ramp will be around 1500 on a 30 deg ramp

• oh and a big thanks goes out to simon and the folks at miller metal for the great discount and delivery of the steel you guys really went out of you way to help make this happen

• Glad to help out...I am a little concerned about the reciever material (2-1/2" sq.tube) being a sloppy fit on the 2" sq. tube. Might be able to shim it with strips of metal, or look for something that fits better.
    And, you may need some expanded metal. I will be on a trip tomorrow, and will be back in the afternoon.
    Simon

• YES, [size=24px]THANKS SIMON[/size] for the discount and all the help! This will be a great toy........er, modification benefit measuring instrument for the club to have. :hmm:

Looks smaller than I thought though....guess I'll have to leave my disconnects on so I don't max it out right away. :roll:

• I got the hubs and spindle (have to get one of the spindles at work tomorrow). The outer bearings are missing so you will need a set of bearings. Might as well just buy inner and outers. The spindles are from a drum braked Jeep so they will probably be the same inner and outer bearings.

Paul, can I drop them off at your house tomorrow afternoon on the way home from work? I'll try to remember. If not they will be in a box on my table in the driveway.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I found the outer bearing set so everything should be there. Everything has been sitting around in my garage for a number of years so it will all have to be cleaned out real well.

If Paul can't make it down this weekend then I will clean them up next week.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

well the Steel for the rti ramp is on its way to my house and I have the big welder here(just have to make a extension cord for it) so i guess this weekend can is going to be the first weekend to start on the build of the ramp. my house all are welcome can provide some drinks but please bring own food. I am pretty much availablke all weekend long and can/ will work on it when ever someone wants to be there. so anyone up for some cutting and grinding this weekend

PM me directions to your house and I'll drop the lights off...I need an excuse to come down and visit my parents anyway and there's a *cough*honda*cough* that I've been meaning to stop and look at in Dover (hey, it's a money-maker...put a new motor in it and re-sell :suspicious: ) It'll likely be Sat AM if that's alright.

--Ian

• here are diretions for all interested in coming

from super walmart in dover go south. at first stop light after walmart (there will be a happy harrys on the right and gas stations on 2 corners)turn left. go to the second road on the right and turn right(you have just passed poly tech high school)you are now on millchop lane. go to stop sign and make right. you are now on peach tree run road. go .5 miles and you will come up a little hill and come out of the woods make the first right. and then about 50 yards later you will make the first left this is winding wood rd. I am the only house on the right side of the road with agreen roof and ofcourse DaMutt is sitting there along with the burb and 3 other cars

link to maps if needed
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288544633

saturday morning is fine with me drop off anytime after 9

• oh yeah
    feel free to bring the wife and kids guys the wife and my kids will be here and I am sure that she would like the company and there is a large yard for the kids to play in...

maybe we should do a pitchin bbq type thing.
    byob and bring a covered dish
    I will supply the burgers and dogs and buns but would like for everyone else to bring a covered dish what do you all think

• comeon guys you dont have to know how to weld to help. there is cutting grinding painting all kinds of stuff that can be done to help. so far all we have is paul coming over and bbd for a little while. iwould wait but there is alot of 20 ft long peices of steel sittign in my drive way and it sure would be nice to make them small enough to fit in the garage

• I will try and make it but I am booked all day Sat (family in the afternoon and helping a friend move in the am) and Sunday I want to do some behind the dash work on my CJ and also remove the snapped bleeder screw from my passenger drum. So if I get that all done early I will head on down.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!