Author Topic: New Cabelas in Delaware  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Stafford

• Trail Boss 2014-2015
Re: Cabelas super store coming to Delaware
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »
Cool but the road work on the interchange is definitely an overall sign of the the growth in the area and Cabela's is only going to be a small percentage of it.  Honestly with Nordstrom and Target right there, the demographic for Cabela's is in the minority.
Mundus vult decipi decipiatur ergo.

Offline Kuntryboy816

• Jeremy Miller
  • DEJA Member 2014
    • Jeeps owned: 1989 YJ
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 05:56:06 PM »
I'm going to need a second job.

I've decided my 2nd job will be @ Cabelas!  Should work out perfectly... store discount (hopefully) and I can just turn my paycheck back over to my manager every week to make up for all the stuff I'll be buying!   ;D

I read it in the NJ today.  I was seriously online at the Cabelas website seeing if I could put in an app today!
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington

Offline KnoxRents

• Billy Knox
  • President 2014-2015
    • Jeeps owned: 2006 TJ & 2008 JK
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 06:05:47 PM »
So is it going to be a flagship store like the one up in Hamburg, PA?

I think they're all the same size, I've only seen 3 but they've all been the same size: gigantic.

The 95/1 roadwork is to alleviate the rush hour backup that happens every day and the massive backup every Friday afternoon in the summer. You know, from all the cars with PA plates.  :innocent:

The PA store is one of (if not) the largest according to THIS.  Still most of that is "show" space like aquariums and taxidermy showcases whereas this DE store will likely be mostly retail....so they will probably be not that far off in total retail space.  This is just a guess obviously.   And DE is tax free which is nicer so all of us PA peeps can test out your new roads (if they ever get done).   :mrgreen:
Pennsyltarded

Offline Erock

• DEJA Member 2014
    • Jeeps owned: green 98 tj
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »
I'm going to need a second job.

I've decided my 2nd job will be @ Cabelas!  Should work out perfectly... store discount (hopefully) and I can just turn my paycheck back over to my manager every week to make up for all the stuff I'll be buying!   ;D

I read it in the NJ today.  I was seriously online at the Cabelas website seeing if I could put in an app today!

i just spent $360 at cabelas today...more to come

Offline whatevah

• Jerry Horn
  • DEJA Sr. Member 2014
    Forum Admin
    • Jeeps owned: 2012 JK Rubicon
Re: New Cabelas in Delaware
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 09:58:42 PM »
merged two threads...
Jerry / Whatevah
2012 Rubicon - 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT lift, 255/80/17 BFG KM2s, JCR Dagger winch bumper and engine skid, Rugged Ridge HID lights, ACE side steps
gone- Slightly-modded 2001 Cherokee on 35s (specs)

Offline hookedonthebay

• Bob Angell
  • DEJA Member 2014
    • Jeeps owned: 2003 TJ, had 1960,1963,1988,2000
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
oops,didn't see this in the off topic forum....sorry
Don't follow me, you won't make it....

Offline Kuntryboy816

• Jeremy Miller
  • DEJA Member 2014
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 08:43:14 AM »
So we took a lil trip to Hamburg yesterday.  It was fun and I got to play with a few toys while I was there.  This was one of the highlights!  Not the Barrett but definitely got my attention!
Sig50 BMG

A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington

Offline Gren71

• Matt Patterson
  • DEJA Sr. Member 2014
New Cabelas in Delaware
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
The store will certainly be nice! The space they're using isn't huge so I'm not shocked it is smaller. Think of the nordstroms attached to the mall, it's smaller than typical but the sales are similar to the large stores due to the tax free shopping and multi state proximity
2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)
DE tag : OIF 118
Honk of you see me!

Offline Kuntryboy816

• Jeremy Miller
  • DEJA Member 2014
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 12:51:29 PM »
Yessir!  Can't wait for it to open.   ;D

I had to walk out broken-hearted last night.  So many things I wanted to take home but had to leave them behind.  That Sig50 in the pic was $9400 and that's just for the platform.  I mean, I don't see the need for anything else except for a top notch scope attached which would run another $1k or better but dang that's a lot of $$!!!  The guy in the spec guns dept was really nice about us handling it though.  He was really impressed that I actually asked before I went up and drooled all over it.  He was telling me and my buddy that almost everyone else that saw it just came in and started manhandling it.  One guy went so far as to start stripping it down so they zip tied the bolt shut and the mag.   :doh:   Made me a little nervous when he "guaranteed" the chamber was clear b/c I couldn't see due to the bolt and mag being locked in place.  There was a trigger lock on it anyways.  After actually seeing that .50 and being able to shoulder it my definition of BMG just changed to "Badass Mother-trucking Goodtime!"

If anyone here owns a .50 rifle and wants to go shooting I'll pay for the range time, the rounds and I'll even clean it for you if you let me send a few rnds down range!!!   :up:

Offline Gren71

• Matt Patterson
  • DEJA Sr. Member 2014
New Cabelas in Delaware
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »
I've got a 50 Beowulf, will have the BMG next year :/
Honk of you see me!

Offline Stafford

• Trail Boss 2014-2015
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »

List of people to make sure I don't piss off from 1000 yards away:

Gren71
Mundus vult decipi decipiatur ergo.

Offline Gren71

• Matt Patterson
  • DEJA Sr. Member 2014
New Cabelas in Delaware
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 07:22:58 PM »
Hahaha
Honk of you see me!

Offline Kuntryboy816

• Jeremy Miller
  • DEJA Member 2014
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »

Gren71

:laughabove:

The Beowulf is the .50 AR platform right?

Offline Gren71

• Matt Patterson
  • DEJA Sr. Member 2014
New Cabelas in Delaware
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »

Gren71

:laughabove:

The Beowulf is the .50 AR platform right?

Yeppers

Amazing rifle, fells like a 12 gauge even with the AR buffer spring!
Honk of you see me!

Offline Kuntryboy816

• Jeremy Miller
  • DEJA Member 2014
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »
Bout time!!   :innocent:

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/money/2014/03/06/cabelas-announced-opening-date-for-christiana-store/6116419/

Cabela's has set the date for opening it's new sporting goods store in Christiana.
The company announced Thursday morning that doors will open to customers at 11 a.m. on May 1.
The new store has been under construction since last year adjacent to Christiana Mall.
The company says about 250 full-time and part-time employees will staff the store