XJ lift wrenchfest Jan 27th

• my XJ will get a boost on the 27th! will be installing a RE 3.5 superflex kit at Slopars house. Pizza and sodas should be plentiful.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I will try to make it .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• I may have to try to make this MOMENTUS occasion!

Are you doing it inside or out? If out what are your plans for foul weather?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I do not have a spring compressor.

We dont need one for a 3.5. If you ask me you should get the 1.3/4'' spacers and shackles put in there and make it 5''. Yul just be mad at your self later if you dont. If not you cant say I didnt warn you.

• DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!! ............

i'm kicking my self for not adding the spaces with the 2.5 lift when i did it...now i have to take everything apart again and do it over :doh:

• I have a spring compressor. Dont know if I will be able to make it or not just yet...will let you know later. If not I will try to get the compresser to someone who is going to be there.

• I am not good with tools and what not. But i can be an extra hand if need be. Let me know if you need the extra hand or if i will just be in the way. i would really like to help!

• my XJ will get a boost on the 27th! will be installing a RE 3.5 superflex kit at Slopars house. Pizza and sodas should be plentiful.

doing an sye or u gonna wait to do that ?
    do u need one on a xj 3.5?
    im sure u would on a 5" lift tho right ?
    im not up to speed on xj's

• I have a spring compressor. Dont know if I will be able to make it or not just yet...will let you know later. If not I will try to get the compresser to someone who is going to be there.

I live in Smyrna, Sunnyside Village, and I plan on attending. If you don't make it, I can take the tool up there for you.

• I'm sticking with the 4" or so height I'll get from the kit, because I don't want to spend the extra money right now on a SYE and driveshaft. I'll be doing a 1" t-case drop for now. actually, I've got a set of 1 3/4" spacers if anybody wants them. :D and, a set of 1.5" lift AALs.

shouldn't need the spring compressor since I'm changing the shocks and LCAs, but it might come in handy. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• shouldn't need the spring compressor since I'm changing the shocks and LCAs, but it might come in handy. :)

If you are doing the shocks and LCA's we definitely won't need the spring compressor. The only concern I have right now is the rear leaf spring frame side bolts. Make sure to PB blast the crap out of them and try to penetrate to the welded frame nut and cross your fingers the bolt is not seized to the bushing (I went through that on my YJ, not fun! :bang:).

• I live in Smyrna, Sunnyside Village, and I plan on attending. If you don't make it, I can take the tool up there for you.

cool, when I know one way or the other, I will let you know, and either me (if I go) or you (if I dont go) can bring it up, just in case.

• doing an sye or u gonna wait to do that ?
    do u need one on a xj 3.5?
    im sure u would on a 5" lift tho right ?
    im not up to speed on xj's

My jeeps been around the world and some with 6" lift. I have no sye and never plan on getting one ether.
    I will give you a hand or drink some beer. Any way stay cool and see ya on the 27th.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!