dana 30 brake question

• will my 87 dana 30 brakes fit on a 95 dana 30?

There was a unit bearing hub change some time around 89
    so the rotors may not be the correct distance from the knuckle.

A quick search gave me this

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=17043

The Pre-90 use one unit bearing and the Post-90 use another. The brake rotors are the same way. You can't mix/match bearings & rotors because the spacing/hat size is different

• They will fit if you replace the hubs, too. I'd stick with the newer hub, though... it's a little better, although the older one is partially-servicable.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Go to the junkyard I told you about since they have tons of cherokees. Pull a pair of shafts and hubs (just take out the three 13mm bolts and the whole shebang will pull out). Then take the calipers that were with the Jeep as well. Now you have the hubs and calipers you need as well as a set of trail spare shafts when you convert to one piece....and you will. I'd bet they wouldn't charge you $50.00 for all of it.

• will my 87 dana 30 brakes fit on a 95 dana 30?

no......

i tried to use rotors i had purchased for a 94 yj on my 89 and they were different. the calipers are different also on the 89 vs the 94. anyway they looked different to me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!