What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Nice treps on there Bill. The TRs look great too, right up your alley with the bling. What size are the treps? are they competition or streetable?

• Nice treps on there Bill. The TRs look great too, right up your alley with the bling. What size are the treps? are they competition or streetable?

The plan was to paint the rings black but I got unanimously overruled to run em clean. I am not regretting not painting but they are definitely blingy even for me. They will look good when they get scuffed up a bit.

The treps are 37's and they are sticky. I was worried driving them to work since they are completely unbalanced and I didn't want to put too much wear on them but they had zero vibes at highway speed and still had nubs on them after I got home. It's crazy how soft they get when you get them up to temperature. :o

• The plan was to paint the rings black but I got unanimously overruled to run em clean. I am not regretting not painting but they are definitely blingy even for me. They will look good when they get scuffed up a bit.

The treps are 37's and they are sticky. I was worried driving them to work since they are completely unbalanced and I didn't want to put too much wear on them but they had zero vibes at highway speed and still had nubs on them after I got home. It's crazy how soft they get when you get them up to temperature. :o

Drive it to work for a week before you hit the trail. you'll be happy you did :)

• Drive it to work for a week before you hit the trail. you'll be happy you did :)

Yes...My plan is to smoke them with a few front and rear digs on the comp course hill. I've been told by everyone that they work better as they wear.

• Watched my baby get dragged off for some transmission work.

If it makes you feel any better Keith, me and my Jeep just got a ride home via AAA too.
    I didn't take pictures though so there is no proof this actually happened. :innocent:

• What happened Billy?

Fuel sender failure made it say quarter tank. Wife drives daughter to soccer practice will BOTH of our sets of keys and calls broken down on the side of the road. I borrow neighbors car because I have no ride and when I get there, her purse is on top of the fuel pump and lines so I immediately think she hit the electric lines or knocked a fuel line off. While trying to check the line, I proceed to crack the effing fitting sending pressurized air/fuel everywhere. Look in tank and yeah, it's bone dry but now fuel isn't going to help. Call AAA with tail between legs and get a tow truck driver that says it won't fit. I said stand back and did his job. Now I'm sitting here smelling like gas with a wife that's not even mad at me anymore because she enjoys making fun of me.

TLDR: Ran out of fuel and proceeded to break a $300 fuel pump. :bang:

• I'd be mad at her. Her purse is probably what cracked the fitting! Women's purses are heavy beasts!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Fuel sender failure made it say quarter tank. Wife drives daughter to soccer practice will BOTH of our sets of keys and calls broken down on the side of the road. I borrow neighbors car because I have no ride and when I get there, her purse is on top of the fuel pump and lines so I immediately think she hit the electric lines or knocked a fuel line off. While trying to check the line, I proceed to crack the effing fitting sending pressurized air/fuel everywhere. Look in tank and yeah, it's bone dry but now fuel isn't going to help. Call AAA with tail between legs and get a tow truck driver that says it won't fit. I said stand back and did his job. Now I'm sitting here smelling like gas with a wife that's not even mad at me anymore because she enjoys making fun of me.

OOF! That sucks! Did you charge the tow truck driver any service fees?

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Still cheaper than Keith's transmission. :( Let us know what happened to your JK Keith. I'm curious.

He said on the phone yesterday that there were keys (or parts of them) in the pan and he's thinking the planetary gear broke? I REALLY know nothing about transmissions, so that may not at all be an accurate representation of what he said... :doh:

I can't help but notice you really need some laces in both of your boots.

Gotta love Wilmington.

• Fuel sender failure made it say quarter tank. Wife drives daughter to soccer practice will BOTH of our sets of keys and calls broken down on the side of the road. I borrow neighbors car because I have no ride and when I get there, her purse is on top of the fuel pump and lines so I immediately think she hit the electric lines or knocked a fuel line off. While trying to check the line, I proceed to crack the effing fitting sending pressurized air/fuel everywhere. Look in tank and yeah, it's bone dry but now fuel isn't going to help. Call AAA with tail between legs and get a tow truck driver that says it won't fit. I said stand back and did his job. Now I'm sitting here smelling like gas with a wife that's not even mad at me anymore because she enjoys making fun of me.

Wife not even mad at you? What is that like? Is it even possible? Totally cannot relate!

When I worked in Wilmington we had competitions to see who could spot the strangest stuff on the streets, sidewalks and lawns. There were the usual constant food wrappers, empty bottles of cheap booze, used prophylactics, discarded chicken bones and shoes...why is there always just one shoe?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!