Will be at Cape Sunday 6/27

• I will be down with the wife and kids hitting Navy crossing or Hearing Point. If you see the surf blue four door JK with the member sticker on the windshield stop by and have a beer. :beer:

Will be at Cape from 7/25 through 7/29

Did you mean June on this post? You mentioned going down 06/25 - 06/29 too BUT, I know this is going to be a "Lively" summer for you so just checkin. ;)

• Yup, sure did. I was already looking ahead...... :laughing:

You mean you were testing the Dale's out before your trip. :beer:

I'll ask Lisa what my schedule is but she sent me a calendar entry that mentions Henlopen. (I don't make the schedule. :mrgreen:)
    Look for a phone call on Sunday if we're down. :up:

• If you're going to do it yourself, there's also this stuff called ant bait, it's a paste that comes in a tube. Put it in any cracks and crevices that they might be coming in through after you fog it and kill the majority of them. Any that are left will track it back and kill off the nest, it's a longer term solution, haven't had any ants in my kitchen for a year.

• And what are they eating?

Food or the wood?

Not eating anything, just living there. There was no trace of food found (believe me, we checked EVERY compartment) and they weren't wood eaters. They are just the common little black ants we typically get here in the spring. I guess they found a safe haven in the camper where they wouldn't be disturbed and set up shop. We have them bad here period. Last spring when I got my plastic tarps out of the shed they too were infested by huge colonies of ants. We spray the bejesus out of our house with Home Defense religiously so we are fairly critter free in that respect, however it appears they are now looking for home "B". We took EVERYTHING that wasn't bolted down out of the camper and vacuumed, washed every piece of fabric that was removable, and then put out a gel type bait my buddy gave me. It is like ant crack. Within minutes they were flocked to the baits I put out and I had to replenish the bait every few hours because they were eating it dry! Two days in of doing that and I think we got them. I just went to check the bait one more time before bed and all the patches were untouched and I only counted five stray ants in random locations. I am going to monitor it over the next few days and continue to prep. for the surf fishing tourney. Thanks for the suggestions all!!

• Good day on the surf and sitting here watching the kids play in the kiddie pool at the hotel. Didn't catch a thing but finished an 18 pack....so all is well that ends well. The JK did great in the sand for it's first time out. By far the coolest minivan out there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!