Anyone have the know how and equipment to install a lift.

• [size=3]ive recently been looking at a 2.5 OR 3 inch lift to throw on my 2008 2door JK. I however have no idea how to install. I know how to use tools, i mean im not an idiot. I just dont want to botch my daily driver. So do any of you know how to do this, and would be willing to help me if i decide to pull the trigger on said lift kit. [/size]

• Take a step back... approach this from a purpose perspective.

1. What do you want to do here, look good, trail runs, beach , mud, rock crawling ?
    2. What level to you want to go , mild, wild , full gonzo?
    3. What are you willing to spend?

All projects open cans of worms, and will always cost more than planned.

If all you want is a little taller stance, no other changes, budget boosts will work very well. You can also gain a little extra with a 1" body lift. (dont go over 1" )

You can do these in your driveway at home, also you can look up Aaron (astape ont he board) he freelances a bit.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Ill look him up, thanks for the good word gents. I want to keep it around 2.5, i want to clear 33s and i want a little higher stance / aggressive appearance. I also wouldn't mind the extra ground clearance. thats basically it, i dont want to krawl, i dont intend on crazy mud.

• it all depends on your mechanical ability. i lifted my 2012 JKU with 1000 miles on it, in my townhouse driveway with a floor jack and craftsman tool set. 4 hours.

if you are not comfortable, astape has a great reputation and is a great guy, though ive never had work done by him...but im one of about 3 that hasn't LOL. dont be scared...jump in.

• [size=1.35em]ive recently been looking at a 2.5 OR 3 inch lift to throw on my 2008 2door JK. I however have no idea how to install. I know how to use tools, i mean im not an idiot. I just dont want to botch my daily driver. So do any of you know how to do this, and would be willing to help me if i decide to pull the trigger on said lift kit. [/size]

never done one. but i have lowered several cars on springs and coils. Im new a lifting vehicles. that close to the size of the lift i wanna put on my 14 jk 2 door. if you need a hand im willing to give u a hand but im sure we could figure it out.

• I put a 4" lift on my 07 4 door last year in my garage. It's not hard to do. And depents on the kit you get. All you have to mess with really is simple springs, shocks and links. If you're in the Dover area I wouldn't mind helping out. Astape is a great choice otherwise. I had him regear my axles and he was great!

• It's my fault for not keeping up with the thread.

So good news!

Lift installed Sunday by the man the myth the legend mr. Stapen
    He did an amazing job.

Had the alignment done yesterday as well as the new tires put on.

My jk looks beastly now.

And I am very happy with it!

• Any local wheeling around this area? I just moved here almost a year ago, I see your down the road. All my trucks are trailered though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!