re gear

• I have a 01 TJ with 4 in sus with 33's. Its a 4 banger with 4:10 gears. With all the mods i have done i want to re gear it. I dont know much about doing it. I have had a buddy tell me to go back to stock which is 5:26's.(Dont quote me). So if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction, I would be greatful. thanks josh

• with your stock axles you're limited to 4.88:1 for your gear ratio - which may be perfect with your manual transmission. even then, you'll be revving pretty good on the highway with the 33" tires - but you'd be set up great if you ever go to 34" or 35" tires. by the way, do you have a roof rack on it now? if so, i've seen it in front of the cop shop a few times when i park at the track.
    chris

• Hey i appreciate the info. I'll take as much info as i can get. Now do you know where i can get this done, or where I can purchase the gears and take them to have them put in. I do park in front of the cop shop. My wrangler is yellow. You cant miss it. The roof rack is perfect. It hold a good amount of weight. Once again thanks for the info.
    Josh

• what is an average price on getting the gears put in? I just bought a set at the pa show and i need to get it done. I have a 93 yj with 33 on it. I checked it and from what i seen i have lost about 300rpms. With the 4.88s it should put me right back to stock again. I hope. i bought the yukon brand gears and overhaul kit. i think i paid $360 for the hole package sound right?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!