Oct 22 Wharton Cleanup

• I just wanted to pass this along to anyone that's interested in helping out .

For those of you in the NJ-PA-NY-CT-DE area and beyond, here's a perfect opportunity to get some great wheeling, do a good deed and hang out for a fun day of cameraderie with other 4-Wheelers and offroaders. Below is a cut-n-paste from the 5th Annual Wharton State Forest Cleanup event. Contact information is included. So let's run down the List ... A great cause, Free food, prizes, wheeling, and hanging out all day meeting new 4-wheelers and making friends. It's a no-brainer folks. Let's make this the year of the LARGEST participation EVER!

5TH ANNUAL PINE BARRENS CLEANUP!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come and take part in the largest one-day volunteer event at Wharton State Forest. On Oct 22nd 2006 at 9:45 AM the 5th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP will begin with a sign up at the Atsion Ranger station and conclude at the at the Pic-a-lilly restaurant where wings will be served and prizes awarded.

Last year 200 men, women and children collected three 30 cubic yard dumpsters full of trash as well as a whole car and dozens of tires while making new friends and enjoying the wonders of the pines. While doing this they worked up a voracious appetite that was sated by hundreds of wings donated by clubs, businesses and individuals. Before leaving there was a drawing where gift certificates and generous parts and clothing donated by 4 wheel-drive Manufacturers and Retailers were awarded. Everyone had a great time and said they couldn’t wait till next year.

We are now soliciting past participants, 4 wheel drive clubs and local and national businesses to contribute time and resources to make this year’s event another overwhelming success.

This as a great opportunity to showcase a partnership for keeping our state lands clean and our right to transverse them unhindered. The rangers and staff at Wharton have embraced us and lend their time and support to help us have a safe and fun time. Last year the volunteer coordinator at Wharton even added a vintage CJ to their family after seeing the fun and camaraderie we had.

Please be a part of this worthwhile event. Contact founder Michael Tarsia to see how your family, organization or business can contribute to this worthy cause.

Thank you in advance for your dedication to a beautiful, clean and accessible state forest system.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS ON YOUR LOCAL CLUB BBS’ TO GET THE WORD OUT!

MIKE TARSIA
    MIKET69@VERIZON.NET

• DONS, I'd like to make this one, but I'm a MD resident and have no clue where the heck that is . Wanna possibly get DEJA members to meet and I could follw????

• 295 north to 70 east to 206 south to Atsion Ranger Station is the way I usually go. If ya want meet up I can be at Mikes Famous Harley Davidson before the Delaware Memorial Bridge at say 8:00am. LMK

Here's directions to Mikes from Federalsburg Md. :driving:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!