All O2 sensors created equally?

• I've decided that my O2 sensor is likely the culprit of my lingering problems. "Bank 1 running too lean". So I need to replace 1 or both of them. But it looks like there are a ton of O2 sensors available. What's the difference? I know 1 goes upstream and 1 goes downstream, but there are a whole page full of alternatives. Do I just get the cheapest for my year / engine configuration?

http://replacement.autopartswa…t=Oxygen%20Sensor&dp=true

• you'll probably just end up getting mud/water in them again sometime, just go with the cheap one's and replace as needed :suspicious:

• I know this goes against all conventional thinking but call the dealer. My buddy just changed both of his bank 2 O2s on his TJ and the factory MOPAR units were actually cheaper than the Bosch ones from Autozone?! The MOPAR ones are plug and play to boot, no wire splicing. When are you guys going to learn, MUD AND WATER = NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS! Now get your junk fixed, two days to go.............. :razz:

• Hmmm, called Newark Dodge.

Upstream
    56041212ae $98
    Downstream
    56041213ag $117

I'll probably get the Denso's. Found this article on replacing it and he lists all the right part numbers / instructions.

Anyone got a Oxygen Sensor Removal Tool?
    [img width=300]http://www.4x4xplor.com/images/O2S/DSC00424.jpg[/img]

When are you guys going to learn, MUD AND WATER = NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!

Psshhh merely a flesh wound. All this means is now I'm packing my connections in Die-Electric grease & making snorkels for Intake AND Exhaust so I don't flood my cat again....

• Psshhh merely a flesh wound. All this means is now I'm packing my connections in Die-Electric grease & making snorkels for Intake AND Exhaust so I don't flood my cat again....

Hey, whatever blows your skirt up. I for one will stand on the dry bank and throw you my strap when you bury it! As far as the O2 socket goes, if no one has one local, I know for a fact the Autozone "rent-a-tool" thing has one you can use. Just call ahead to make sure no one has it out.

• Psshhh merely a flesh wound. All this means is now I'm packing my connections in Die-Electric grease & making snorkels for Intake AND Exhaust so I don't flood my cat again....

You should just make a large pipe for your exhaust the blows straight up out the top, like a tractor ;D

• i vote for that. then u could get one of those sweet 'lil rain flappers like on the older tractors

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!