Nth Degree Flat Tummy Tucker Install

• My flat Tummy Tucker that I ordered in March finally came in for the Rubi and I am planning to install it on Sunday. Has anyone done one of these? Any types? Problems? It seems a no brainer except for disconnecting and changing over and around the Rubicon locker wiring and air hoses.

• We just put a medic skid on a jeep the other weekend, pretty much simple stupid. Just unbolt and rebolt. I know there are a few quirks with the NTh skid but I cna't imagine it being difficult. How is the powder coating and welds on the TT. I purchased a oil pan skid from them and the finish quality was terrible. Just wanted to see if I was the lucky outcast or if it is a common problem.

• Mike,
    Some of the welds are very good and some of the edges are cut and dressed well where it appears the plate was laser cut and welded, but the tranny sump is very poorly cut with an Oxy-A and was left ragged and sharp, the powder coating is thin and poorly done and it is most likely a candidate for the black spray bomb.

• As usual I learned a few things along the path to completion on this install and were I to do it over again I would get the 1.25" drop version or the Medic 1.5" drop skid as the flat TT even with a 1" BL and 1" MML, and Tom Woods DC drive shaft ended up taking a lot of work to make it all smooth and vibe free. The main reason for the drop is that I lifted the entire Jeep up four times with a trans jack and it made a dimple so slight in the floor (for clearance) that short of breaking out the torch and heating it the metal is way too thick to dimple enough or at least it was in my case and having the wheels off the ground and seeing that metal not move was not a happy time. The other issue was my exhaust which Jim does not really talk about in the FAQs or the installation instructions and he does admit that TJ tolerances vary from TJ to TJ but with the flat TT tucked and bolted to the frame my catalytic converter is firmly pressed against the TT and it being lifted and bent to the point that my rear tailpipe coming over the axle was pressed against the body solidly. I previously bought a new Tom Woods rear DS and it was measured for my 7" RK lift and worked fine but with the flat TT it moved just under 4" at the output up-wards and was too short. Setting the DS angle with the RK rear 4 link made me bottom out the adjustment threads on the lower arms and fully extend the threads to their safe limit on the uppers to get enough rear diff angle. I had previously switched to the Skyjacker Transfer case shifter linkage relocation bracket to move the linkage off of the body and the SJ kit is not compatible with the flat TT, I had to go and get a new factory DC part and then install the Nth parts with the factory T case linkage. I decided not to follow the Nth instructions to mount the Rubicon locker pumps to the TT skid and instead mounted them up against the body above the skid.

Is it worth it?- I don't know for sure but there is 27.6" of clearance under my trans now.

• Wow, sounds like you had a great time! :repuke:

Just kidding, but you missed a fun trail ride on Sunday. We'll catch up with you next time maybe...

• Yeah, going completely flat is pretty much not happening with a lift over 5.5" on the TJ unless you are willing to put in a lot of work I learned because the rear output moves so far up. The drop version would have been a bolt in and go IMHO with almost no mods required.

• I have never tried it but I cannot see a huge difference in the install. The single biggest issue I found was due to the rear DS output and diff angle with the 7" lift I have. With a smaller and lower Jeep the flat version is probably a non-issue but I wanted to keep the height.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!