...that YJ again...

• So this '88 YJ has 103,000 miles on it. I'd be the third owner. Black, not bad shape, a good Jeep to take offroad without worries. I think I can get it for $1600. 4 cyl. We really want very little in it, certainly no payments. So I might go for it. Any thoughts?

I'd really like to get the KJ to Robin before winter, so she's in a safer, more dependable vehicle than her '95 t-bird.

I'm going to borrow it tomorrow for an extended test drive, and powerwash the underside to see how clean it is, or isn't. The last time I tried it, it had not been started for a few days, and it turned right over. I'd like to get it on the highway, etc., give it a good run, look for smoke, etc.

Anything specific to look for?

DrJ

• If this is the one at Carroll's Cornor you might have to replace the suspension. Everything under it looked pretty rusted out to me.?

• in about a week or so ill have all the parts you need leaf springs disconnects
    let me know if you end up needing it
    Brandon

• Quote from "DEJeepman"

If this is the one at Carroll's Cornor you might have to replace the suspension. Everything under it looked pretty rusted out to me.?

How close did you look? Where is Carol's Corner?

DrJ

• The black YJ at the tomestone place on Rt13 just north of Carrolls Cornor.
    Its a four banger, belonged to a Rehobeth lifeguard. Really rusted from years at the beach.

• So you know it personally? It did look rusted underneath, but it was also muddy. That's why I thought I'd powerwash under it. We're not expecting much, I only drive a mile or two to work. But I'd like to take it on trails, and if its rusted bad, things will start breaking fast. How close di you check it out?

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!