YJ build update...

• Just thought I'd throw this up here if anyone is interested?

First, BIG thanks to Eirc Dombrowski for being the man today, and of course a HUGE thank you to Scott Karg and his phat a$$ garage and kindness!!! :) :)

After a LONG day, we got a TON done today...

Here's what it looked like to start...

Here's the start...rip out the old, and in with the new! We spent 2hrs cutting out all the inside leaf mount bolts b/c they were all seized!! It was a MAJOR pain, but it's also a Jeep :-?

New rear axle is in, tires on, ready for the front...BUT...

We realized we did not have the front waggy u-bolt spring plate, so we couldn't put the front axle in today :bang: :bang:

I NEED one, so if anyone has a line, I have to have it here by next Thursday or Scott will kick me in the junk :cry: :lol:

All we have left is brakelines, shocks, mounting the 231 with SYE, and front axle. We got a lot done, but blew up Eric's big air gun :-? , so things slowed down a bit. Less than 1 days work left for the total build.

I also wire wheeled the entire frame, primed it, and painted it as well. Went thru (2) wire wheels and had several metal pieces in my head ;)

Plan on cutting off the front qrt's, and cutting the front bumper down as well.

Well worth it, and I cant thank Scott and Eric enough for their continued support. Should be done next Thursday, then it's on like Donkey Kong :up:

• PS...MODS...feel free to move this to another section if this area is not appropriate, still a newbie (on deja) ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!