??? jeep surging at high RPM's

• i've got a 95 ZJ with the 4.0, it's got about 160,000 on it and has run great till now. after it's warm it'll surge at high RPM's. i'm not talking like a fire issue, it still has power at the height of the surge, but it has a consistent surge. i noticed that it's mostly at or after 3000 RPM's, and when under load. but as i climbed a steady hill about 2mi long of consistent pitch, it held a steady 40-45mph, but just strained to get any more than that. i'm thinking it's a fuel issue, and about a week prior, my girl ran it completely out of fuel. :cuss: and i don't know if that would be the cause or not. i'm really thinking it may be a fuel pump problem, but would like a little input before i spend $300-$500 on a new one. any help on this one would be greatly appreciated. ???
    thanks,
    Larry

• ck. or have someone ck. the fuel pressure also have a diagnosis done to the engine may save you some money a computer diag should cost no more than an hours labor may be as simple as an 02 sensor which is very common and they wont always give engine codes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!