Bolt pattern question

• I'm installing new axles under my rig and they have an 8 lug bolt pattern...Im trying to save some money by not buying new rims and tires. Do they sell 5 lug to 8 adapters? I've search every site I know and every key word combination I can think of. I've found 6 lug to 8 lug but not vice versa. If not, I've had the same issue with trying to find 15 inch 8 lugs so i can alteast keep my swampers and i really dont want to go the "custom" route. Does anyone have any suggestions, secret resources, or know of any vehicles that come 15 inch 8 lug pattern for me to look for at the junkyard?

• I'm installing new axles under my rig and they have an 8 lug bolt pattern...Im trying to save some money by not buying new rims and tires. Do they sell 5 lug to 8 adapters? I've search every site I know and every key word combination I can think of. I've found 6 lug to 8 lug but not vice versa. If not, I've had the same issue with trying to find 15 inch 8 lugs so i can alteast keep my swampers and i really dont want to go the "custom" route. Does anyone have any suggestions, secret resources, or know of any vehicles that come 15 inch 8 lug pattern for me to look for at the junkyard?

Just to clarify this is to mount 5lug wheels on an 8lug axle, correct? If that's the case I don't think you'll be able to regardless of the adapter unless you're using a semi-float rear and unit-bearing front...the hub assembly is way too large to fit through any 5 lug wheel. Most of your 6->8 adapters are likely from a 6 lug axle to an 8 lug wheel not the other way. You could go with a cheap 15" steel 8lug aftermarket wheel but then you're gonna run into the issue of BS vs. brake clearance. I don't know of any factory 15" 8x6.5 wheels out there and usually in order to fit one you're gonna be grinding the calipers and running a bunch of offset. You could run a number of factory 16, 16.5, or 17" wheels that are cheap but will be buying tires. I know Tony had a set of H1's w/ the 37" goodyears along with usa6x6 pressed centers he was trying to get rid of...dunno if he left yet but he wanted to unload them before moving.

--Ian

• Arite,thanks a lot, that answers just about every question I had..I have the 16" cheap steelies but my 38's are R15, and I was trying to find the cheapest and easiest route. whats tony's user name so I can pm him?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!