Rausch Creek Winter Wheeling/Camping Jan 15/16

• i was just wondering if i will have any trouble on the trail i dont have a lift i do have thirty inch tires though this would be my first trail run with my jeep any advice?

• Quote from "KnuckleHead"

Is anyone else's spouse/GF going on this trip? My wife found out last night that she is the only female going with the DE4WD crowd, so she wanted me to ask if there are any from DEJA going.

As usual, Kate will be w/ me and I believe Barbie may be w/ MOPARTECH.
    We will most likely doing Mod/ extreme trails.

Artie

• oh great camping should be interesting.

anyone know about the camping situation mainly wood for fires? im bringing some i have in the garage but i know we will need more.

ill have the chainsaw with me so as long as there is down wood were good. i just dont know RC's policy. anyone know?

• found this on thier site.... ill try to email to confirm.

What kind of campground do you have? The camping is primitive. Pack in and pack out what you need. We have porta-potty service at the main parking lot. There is room for tow rigs and trailer parking as well as for RV's and pop-ups. We have fire rings and there is plenty of firewood along the trails for our members to use.

• Quote from "jeepartie"

We will most likely doing Mod/ extreme trails.

Artie

who are you riding with? cause i know your jeep wont keep up with Brians...

::xmasgrin

• Quote from "1TonTJ"

found this on thier site.... ill try to email to confirm.

What kind of campground do you have? The camping is primitive. Pack in and pack out what you need. We have porta-potty service at the main parking lot. There is room for tow rigs and trailer parking as well as for RV's and pop-ups. We have fire rings and there is plenty of firewood along the trails for our members to use.

Alan, there is lots of wood down along the trails, and you're welcome to pick up and burn whatever you can carry. That's earlier said than done, though. We occasionally stop along the trails to pick up easy pickings, but we don't usually carry a chainsaw with us or have a lot of spare room in the jeeps to carry wood.

• Quote from "bmf24"

who are you riding with? cause i know your jeep wont keep up with Brians...

If only this site had the same smiles as PBB! :folded:

Hey, at least my jeep will be there :shrug:

by we I meant me and my wife. I would never speak for anyone, they will always suprise you.

Artie

• Quote from "wtyarnall"

how much does it cost to do rausch creek? I guess like entrance feeor whatever you have to pay.

• I know that I've posted back on another thread, but I'd really like to go along with this ride... does anyone mind having a passenger? :)

(((Please?)))

-Steve

• Just an update for this weekends trip. This was the most recent email I received from Lynn up at RC.

Remember it will be very cold up there day and night...and since we will more likely be doing a 50/50 trail cutting/wheeling to dress accordingly since we will be out of the Jeeps quite a bit.

-Chris

• lets do this..... atleast the winter camping trip will be cold. would ahve really sucked to go and have 60 deg weather.....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!