Soft Top Problem

• Finally bought a new soft top for the 99 Wrangler Sport... the old one was damaged in the snowstorms last winter. I bought it from Quadratec... I installed it last weekend and for some reason it doesn't fit right. It fits perfect on the right side (passenger side) but on the left side (driver side) it doesn't fit right around the door and in the back is real baggy. To me it looks like the frame is a little bent or crooked. So before I look for a new frame I checked the Quadratec catalog and they sell spreader bars (adjustable) that states they will tighten/loosen your soft top... but they are only for up to a 97... and they don't sell the complete frame seperate. So my question is before I buy a new frame (i assume from a dealer)... does anyone know of a way to tighten up a soft top without replacing the frame. Or... how to "square up" and existing frame??? Or... just suck it up and replace the frame... spent alot of money on the top and don't want it to look like crap. Sorry this post is so long... wanted to make sure i got all the details in...

Thanks...

• Best top has excellent customer service, I would call them and talk with a tech.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!