92 XJ MD Inspection

• A buddy of mine got an XJ and tried to take it through MD inspection. They said that the upper and lower ball joints, sway bar and the floor panels need to be replaced. The sway bar is easy enough but the ball joints are a bit new on me. According to the manual you need to take it to a shop to get them replaced. Anyone know how to do them for cheap? My buddy doesnt have too much money and im trying to help him out to make a daily driver. He got the Jeep for free to try and help him out and we didnt know what all was wrong. Any help is appreciated.

• A buddy of mine got an XJ and tried to take it through MD inspection. They said that the upper and lower ball joints, sway bar and the floor panels need to be replaced. The sway bar is easy enough but the ball joints are a bit new on me. According to the manual you need to take it to a shop to get them replaced. Anyone know how to do them for cheap? My buddy doesnt have too much money and im trying to help him out to make a daily driver. He got the Jeep for free to try and help him out and we didnt know what all was wrong. Any help is appreciated.

I just did the upper and lowers on my 89 XJ (Bought for $500 230,000 miles), took about 2 hours per side. Used a Harbor Freight ball joint press, plenty of penetrating oil, a BFH and a lot of :censored: Since I had everything apart I went ahead and replaced the hub bearings, U-Joints and track bar. Total cost was $300
    Mike

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!