Post Meeting Breakdown

• I managed to breakdown coming home from the meeting on Sunday. I lost an idler pully and my Serp. belt was to loose to run my Power Steering, Water Pump, Alt. and Fan. Because of that I overheated and had to pull off of Rt. 1 at the Smyrna exit.

Luckly, I got ahold of Chris (Quadna71) and he let Matt (Claymont Hillbily) know about my situation. Matt came by and we assesed the situation, which we found out I was pretty much screwed. The Idler pully sheared the bolt off in the block. Couldn't do anything without that pully. So Matt then strapped me off of Rt. 1 and into the Food Lion parking lot off of 13.

I called Chris back up and he then go ahold of Tony (DaMutt) and made arrangments to bring his trailer to pick it up the next day (Monday.) Matt then gave me a lift home to Newark.

Fast forward to today, my Jeep was still there when I returned. :peace: I tried to use an EZ-out on the bolt but didn't get anywhere. About 11:30 Tony and Alan (1TonTJ) showed up and decided to trailer me to Tony's were we would work on my Jeep some more.

We then proceded to get the bolt to move slightly, but not much more than that. Tony tried to weld a bolt on to remove it, but that wouldn't hold either. He then tried to build up a head on the bolt, but ended up tack welding the bolt to the block! After a while, we ended up grinding the weld down, but were still unsuccessful removing the stud.

We just didn't have enough room between the Fan, shroud and radiatior to get any leverage on the bolt.

So, instead of tearing into removing the Radiatior at Tony's, we put it back on the trailer and towed it to Chris' house. It will sit there until I get a chance to get back down there and pull the front end apart. Hopefully it will be this weekend or next.

I want to give everyone that helped out so far a BIG thank you, Matt, Chris, Tony and Alan. It's really great to see this many people help out a fellow Jeeper in need. I owe you guys bigtime.

Joe :heart:

• Joe, if you end up needing to tow your jeep back from Dover to your home, let me know and we can take my trailer down. Sorry I wasn't able to help last night...

• no problem joe i guess it was my first official club recovery hehehehe. sorry we couldnt get the bolt out i think we were all so strung out with the other stuff we went at 100%

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!