1st Trail Ride

• Well this past Sat 4/11 JKRanger08 and I meet up with Buster Stewart and some friends of his at Rausch. This was my 1st trip with my new to me 2011 JK Rubicon. We ran a varity of trails ranging from Green to Blue/Black. I was really impressed with how this rig handled everything in its stock set up. Keep in mind I added skid plates were they needed to be added. I had a little trouble crossing Rock Creek when I picked a bad line (off the trail) and ended up doing some red rocks. Needless to say stock on 32" tires is not the set up to run reds. I made it almost all the way across from 10B to 13A before things got really bad. Ended up taking about 40 min to recover the Jeep and get back on track. I have to admit I love my old CJ but this weekend may have just killed it as a normal trail rig. ;( I will more then likely be spending CJ money on the JK instead, over all I liked the new platform and look forward to wheeling this one for the next 15 yrs. :driving:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!